RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Salem
RV Model
Hemisphere 346RK
RV Length
38'
I went to update my Garmin 2775LMT today and about 1/2 way through the process my GPS unit shut down and wouldn't restart. I contacted Garmin and we tried a couple of things with no luck. Then the guy I was messaging told me that mine was a dead unit and the warranty was up way back in 2015. He offered to exchange my dead out of production unit for a new Garmin Drive 52 with Traffic FOR FREE! Sure didn't take long to get the form filled out. Glad I just paid for another month here.............

That is unbelievable customer service. Kudos to Garmin. Did they charge you shipping?

That is unbelievable customer service. Kudos to Garmin. Did they charge you shipping?
No, believe it or not, not even paying for shipping! If I wanted it sooner than week I could have paid for shipping, but since I am going to be here for another month I figured I could wait.

Got my replacement GPS today. It was supposed to show up yesterday, but it somehow got 'lost' for a day. I received a notice that the USPS had it and it was out for delivery. A half hour later I got a notice it was going to be returned to sender due to "Insufficient Address". I wound up going to the Post Office to try to pick up the package. I was successful, but the reason the Post Office said "Insufficient Address" was because GARMIN didn't put the street address on the shipping label! They of all people should know you can't find much without a street address!! SHEESH...........

Maybe Garmin just figured the GPS would find its way to you via the satellites. ;)

Glad you were able to retrieve it from USPS. During this coronavirus thing, we've had several items delayed beyond what the shipper told us via the tracking number.

TJ

The tracking info was very lacking also.... I got a notice that it had shipped, and it left the Origin DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY April 18th @3:17AM, then the next communication I got was ARRIVAL AT POST OFFICE April 23rd @8:40AM, and @8:51AM out for delivery, then @9:22AM "Insufficient Address". When the woman at the Post Office handed it to me she said I was lucky the truck was late. It should have been gone by the time I got there.

Can someone make USPS go away please!

The USPS went above and beyond in my book. I could have been told "Sorry, but it must go back for the proper address".

The USPS went above and beyond in my book. I could have been told "Sorry, but it must go back for the proper address".
To be honest, I suprised they didn't. The USPS in my area leaves a lot to be desired. But anyway, do you have it installed yet and if so, how do you like it? I need to upgrade as well.

Latest resources

Back