Chassis
Roadmaster
Engine
350 Cummins
TOW/TOAD
None
Fulltimer
Yes
Is there anyone out there with a similar coach or has a wiring diagram that can tell me where are the resettable GFCI outlets are? Other than the one one by the vanity sink, there is supposed to be another outlet hidden somewhere, that has a reset button the only other GFIC outlet I have been able to find is the one located in the outside entertainment compartments that one has no reset. I'm going to contact HR support Tues and see if they can help, but meanwhile I have no power in the front of the coach and in the back of the coach where the washer and dryer plug in.

That should be a GFIC circuit! It may have been replaced with a standard receptacle. If that is the case, then you may need to make sure they passed the power threw to the daisy chained circuit. I would recommend a GFIC receptacle and protect your family though.

That should be a GFIC circuit! It may have been replaced with a standard receptacle. If that is the case, then you may need to make sure they passed the power through to the daisy chained circuit. I would recommend a GFIC receptacle and protect your family though.
So based on these photos and I’m a little slow to notice these things, it appears that there was some rewiring done. This yellow wiring doesn’t seem to go along with the rest of the wiring of the coach. Looks like it’s wired to the entertainment area here and as you can see, it looks like a new box was put in and the wire goes to a receptacle or outlet on the left-hand side no doubt for the VCR on the right side. It looks like they wired the power antenna to 12 V? I’ll have to shut down 12 V to determine that, although it may just be wired into 110 but there’s no presence of 110 power in any part of the coach here so probably 12 V

So the yellow wire at the kitchen receptacle seems to be from up the up the chain and there is no outlet in the toilet bathroom area and there is no outlet between the Breaker box and the kitchen receptacle. This is really confusing and I’d have to take out the GFI outlet in the vanity area again and take a look and see if it’s wired to the yellow wiring. I don’t know where this yellow wire is coming from. I can’t see through walls so I’m not sure how to proceed , I can put a GFIC outlet where that other regular outlet is in the kitchen's, but I still don’t have a live wire there if that makes any sense? The one thing I have to ask myself is could there still be an issue at the breaker box despite the limited testing of swapping the refrigerator breaker for another 20 amp breaker and detecting voltage at the breaker?

Is there something else I need to test? A question it just came to my mind is could the kitchen outlet be damaged from the hot plate and would putting a GFI outlet there make a difference but again if there’s no presence of power in either of those wires and how would that work? One last thought where the microwave is plugged into above the microwave it’s an outlet and it says inverter and that is a functional outlet. That’s where we’re powering the microwave from and we have also ice machine plugged into there as well. We’re not using both of the same time but dumb Probably has nothing to do with it one of the thing that comes to my attention again slow to notice these things is that the one of the two outlets that the refrigerator plugs into is a GFI protected outlet is what it says no no way to reset it and if you take a good look at it, it looks like it was a heat buildup there. Kind of an imprint not really sure what’s going on there but if that outlet is out that would break the chain I’m guessing and it is out there. There’s no power coming from it so I’m gonna take that apart and take a look at it and cause there’s nothing coming out of that and maybe that’s what the problem lies. I don’t know but your guess is as good as mine.

So as you can see in the photo, the yellow wiring is wired into the refrigerator outlet. I wasn’t able to pull that outlet all the way I’m not getting any slack on the wiring ha ha wait a minute OK so I’m gonna have to follow these wires if I can but yeah, it’s definitely wired into here and figure out where this other wire is going, maybe the water heater that would be the next thing up the line up the chain and the water heater does have 110 so I’ll report back

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0087.jpeg
    IMG_0087.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
May I suggest one of these

"CEN-TECH"
Cable Tracker

With power off you can trace the wire in the walls.

May I suggest one of these

"CEN-TECH"
Cable Tracker

With power off you can trace the wire in the walls.
I was in Harbor freight yesterday, it looks capable of getting a job done. I’m just a little leery of some of the reviews saying that it doesn’t work being reviewed myself I don’t usually take the negative you use for face value and have to usually see for myself, so if I don’t get it from Harbor freight, I’ll get on Amazon, but I’ll get it.

Ideal makes one so home depot sells one. When working I used the Ideal product. I have the harbor height one now.

Ok I’ll try the HF one

Ok I’ll try the HF one
That was not a recommendation, just a statement. I have not had issues with it. They work but some experience helps.

Latest resources

Back