• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManlyMan

RVF VIP
The good news is the infrastructure bill has been signed so we can look forward to better roads in the future. The bad news is we can expect to see a lot more “LANES CLOSED AHEAD” signs causing traffic backups all of the next travel season.

The good news is the infrastructure bill has been signed so we can look forward to better roads in the future. The bad news is we can expect to see a lot more “LANES CLOSED AHEAD” signs causing traffic backups all of the next travel season.
The bad news is , none of this money will likely be spent on roads. IT WILL line the pocket books of the politicans though.
The good news......There is none.. you taxes will go up.

I have been reading as much as I can find on what is in that bill he just signed. There could be as much as 20% actually go into roads and bridges, the rest is just garbage everyone else wanted.

The problem is in probably less than 10 years now these career politicians will come to us with the shocking news that the SS system is broke and benefits have to either be cut or taxes raised. If you don't think this will effect the SS fund then you need to dig a little deeper.

Let's be very careful not to make this thread a political one.

Just traveled the I5 to northern CA. Parts of the Interstate were just OK, but much of it was uneven and dotted with dips and potholes. We have been paying a high "gas" tax in CA that is supposed to have gone into improving our roads. The money just never seems to get from your pocket into road improvement. My "Bilsteins" will need replacing soon. As you know, it's almost impossible to talk about RV travel (gas prices, road conditions, safety) without getting political. This bill will make RV travel cost more...end of story.

Let's be very careful not to make this thread a political one.
Neal, you take all the fun out of it.
It' fun to trash politicans.
LOL

Wow, I'm glad I don't have such a negative outlook. While only a portion of the 1 trillion will go to roads and bridges, what money is spent will make for a vast improvement in land travel. And yes, there is a lot more to the infrastructure of this country than just roads and bridges.

Most of the money goes to social engineering projects. Only about 10% will go to actual infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back