Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you can rebuild and improve infrastructure while keeping taxes the same or reducing them.

Hmmm...in my RV, if I want to go somewhere I have to travel on roads or bridges. That's all I know ;)

Whether it’s 10%, 11%, or 20%, the number for the real infrastructure is $110 BILLION and this is new money being allocated over and above what has been previously allocated. Generally states are required to kick in some funding for repairs too. This is good news for those of us who do a lot of traveling on the highways. However, you can believe what you want.

All I know is that one trillion will turn into almost 5 trillion when all is said and done. Doesn't seem like a very good deal to me.

I don't know how you can rebuild and improve infrastructure while keeping taxes the same or reducing them.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the Federal Gasoline Excise Tax was supposed to be responsible for that?

Supposedly, cars get such good fuel economy now, (their mandates) that there isn't enough revenue anymore. Throw in the electrics and there you have it.
Oh, I forgot to mention big pensions. Sit down, shut up, wear you mask and pay your tax!

Baby Reaction GIF

Just listened to the details of a friends recent 8,000 mile RV loop to the East coast beginning on the Central Coast of California. Her impression was (with the exception of one other un-named state) that California had the worst road conditions. So we pay the highest (road) taxes and have the worst roads. Once again, it doesn't matter how much money is allocated to roads and bridges, it probably won't actually go to road and bridge repair. So if I'm going to get my teeth rattled as I drive down I5 anyway, I'd just as soon keep my money in my pocket. GOD knows I'll need it to pay for the fuel.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the Federal Gasoline Excise Tax was supposed to be responsible for that?

Federal taxes and State taxes that are added to gasoline and fuel are suppose to go for road/bridge repair. A few years ago Illinois made a big deal about raising the fuel tax so the roads could be better maintained. When a Chicago investigative reporter dug deeper he/she found about 40% went for pork projects in the city that had nothing to do with roads and/or bridges.

I have never seen such a bunch of "doom and gloomers". Would you rather we just do nothing? If you really want things better in your view, work for a candidate or better yet run for office!

Yup...I would rather do nothing 😉 Then maybe...just maybe...someone might get the message to be better stewards of other peoples monies! If you had $2,500 in new tires put on your motorhome, and when you pulled out your wallet they said it would be $10,000, you wouldn't be a happy camper (I imagine 😊) All we want is what we pay for...no fluff (waste). Pipe dream - probably. Better roads in the near future...I doubt it. Anyhoo, blessings friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back