Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Known as "Stuart W" over there and one of the very active and very helpful and tremendously knowledgeable posters from that era has returned to Newmar ownership with his new 2023 Dutch Star. Great to have you back @Stuart S and I'm sure you will be a tremendous asset to those here. Now if we can just get some pictures of that shiny new Dutch Star for us to dream of my life will be complete :)

Thank you Neal, pictures promised next week when I’m with the MH😉

Hello Stuart! Awesome choice of MH's.

Best of luck Stewart!

Stuart, based on your forum post on the other forum about the Valor system, if you do plan on not adding the Valor System to your toad, I've been reading that it's wise to have metal valve stems added to your toad rims because the rubber stems have been known to fail with the added weight of the external monitors. So that's another added cost....

Welcome back to the RV life with your new DS. Was surprised to see you went FL chassis since you were all in on Spartan before. Looking forward to your input o your new rig

Welcome back to the RV life with your new DS. Was surprised to see you went FL chassis since you were all in on Spartan before. Looking forward to your input o your new rig
Thank you, definitely was pro Spartan and still like them. What put me over the top was the $8400 extra to purchase a Spartan in 2023, even with FL matching the 5 year warranty. I feel that Spartan is a relativity small player in the class A market and lacks the volume Freightliner has and consequently needs to charge more. I also found that the Spartan warranty network is slim out west.

My favorite feature so far on he FL is the steering column controls, no more having in to take my eyes of the road to operate the engine brake or down shift. The ride quality is basically the same. I’ll keep you posted as I have more seattime.
Stuart

As promised 😊

Attachments

• DC9AD4F2-17C3-4F7C-9958-7EC6DB71B9E6.jpeg
    DC9AD4F2-17C3-4F7C-9958-7EC6DB71B9E6.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 45
  • E73937DE-31E6-486C-B461-1A9507B6CD38.jpeg
    E73937DE-31E6-486C-B461-1A9507B6CD38.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 9F6E9AB1-3FF4-4E43-B633-3316EBAF4071.jpeg
    9F6E9AB1-3FF4-4E43-B633-3316EBAF4071.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 37
Welcome Back @Stuart S! Don't know what I would have done without you my first year out fulltiming. I'm so happy you have returned and with a beautiful new DS. Hope to see y'all on the road! 😊

Latest resources

Back