Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Sent LR125 Module Back to SilverLeaf -- Anybody Else Have To Do This?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MarkMaxPayne

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
36'
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
Fiat 500 Turbo
Fulltimer
No
SilverLeaf technical support asked me to remove my LR125 module (mounted in the wall behind the main SilverLeaf display panel) and ship it back to them for analysis / repairs with a return authorization number written on the box. Back in May 2023, immediately after purchasing the rig, I found that both myRozie and the System Control Mobile App (really nothing more than an app that frames embedded webviews from a web server running on the LR125--you can access the same screens via a browser if you connect to the LR125 directly using its IP address) were having issues. The main issue at the time was not remembering my WiFi settings after a reboot. Turns out it was loaded with a beta version of the software at the factory, SilverLeaf put a new *.tar file in my hands to upload myself to the LR125 to upgrade it, and with that my WiFi SSID and passwords stay stored.

However, all the screens were for a 2022 Newmar New Aire, which incorrectly assumes 1 Xantrex inverter/charger vs 2 and normal batteries vs Lithionics lithium. Unfortunately, changing the OEM setting for a 2023 Newmar New Aire would result in seeing both inverter/chargers, but then all the other screens were messed up. Having a 2023 with Lithium and two inverters I wanted it to work correctly before my 1 year anniversary with the rig transpired.

These are the list of issues being triaged / repaired by SilverLeaf on my LR125. My assumption at this time is the device still has an old firmware version on it and/or the config files it utilizes are incorrect. Here's a quick list of my issues:

MyRozie Issues
  • DC Status Page Fails to Show State Of Charge (SOC)
  • DC Status Page Fails to Show Time Remaining
  • DC Status Page Fails to Show Charger 2 Status
  • AC Status Page Fails to Show Inverter 2 Status
  • Climate Status Outside Temp No Data
  • Climate Status Storage Temp No Data
  • Doors Status Page Has Errant DoorStatus1 Block

System Control App Issues
  • Incorrect Floor Plan Displayed
  • Interior Lights Screen Shows Default Light Label Placeholders
  • Exterior Lights Screen Shows Default Light Label Placeholders
  • Shades Screen Shows Default Shade Label Placeholders
  • Awnings Screen Shows Default Awning Label Placeholders
  • Climate Screens Fails To Show Values & Doesn’t Work
  • DC Power Screen Doesn’t Always Display Values When Charging
  • DC Power Fails to Display Amps From Each Inverter If Inverting
  • System Control Not Accessible From Cloud
Hopefully it comes back configured correctly. I have to admit that as a computer guy, I wish I could just edit the config file myself and call it a day. I'm really tempted to explore my own CoachProxy-like alternative where I take an Ardruino or Raspberry PI with built in WiFi and read/write packets on the RV-C bus directly myself providing my own web interface (which is basically what the LR125 does anyways). I know others on this forum have also gone this route but with more modern IoT cloud integrations instead of an internal web server handling web pages. That said, I'd like to see what SilverLeaf comes back with before proceeding off on my own; things you purchase should just work correctly out of the box, no? ;)

Anybody else send their SilverLeaf LR125 module back? If so, did it come back properly configured for your rig? If not, what issues did you still have that they didn't fix?

Thanks!

Best,
-Mark

Received my LR125 module back a week later. That's really quick! No notes, email, nor phone call though. I hooked it back up and many of the issues I wrote up (like I would have for any of my software devs who work for me with screen captures) are now fixed. That said a number of other things still don't work.

I will have to call them again...

MyRozie Issues
  • DC Status Page Fails to Show State Of Charge (SOC)
  • DC Status Page Fails to Show Time Remaining
  • DC Status Page Fails to Show Charger 2 Status
  • AC Status Page Fails to Show Inverter 2 Status
  • Climate Status Outside Temp No Data
  • Climate Status Storage Temp No Data
  • Doors Status Page Has Errant DoorStatus1 Block

System Control App Issues
  • Incorrect Floor Plan Displayed
  • Interior Lights Screen Shows Default Light Label Placeholders
  • Exterior Lights Screen Shows Default Light Label Placeholders
  • Shades Screen Shows Default Shade Label Placeholders
  • Awnings Screen Shows Default Awning Label Placeholders
  • Climate Screens Fails To Show Values & Doesn’t Work (partially resolved--All shows "--" as display values but individual screens now work.
  • DC Power Screen Doesn’t Always Display Values When Charging
  • DC Power Fails to Display Amps From Each Inverter If Inverting
  • System Control Not Accessible From Cloud
  • New: Many of the various light controls don't work. I suspect these are lighting options not available on the shorter 35' New Aire given where on the rig diagram the overlay highlights for each lighting section.
So, much better than before, but still a number of errors still.

Best,
-Mark

Too bad you don’t have the opportunity to sit with the engineers and troubleshoot the issues.

So I received my module back, reinstalled it, and spent some time with their techs and a dev today on the phone. The myRozie issues are config changes on their end. When you get a myRozie account, they set up a config that describes your coaches particulars to their web server solution. In my case it still needs to have the settings put in place to reflect that 2023 New Aires with factory Lithium have 2 inverters. They also had me reconfigure the LR125 in the admin screen to encode the cameras via the "Stream" option.

As for the System Control App, we are almost there. Pretty much everything works except I have too many lighting controls (it assumes I have a 2nd bathroom so all the "STLRM - <light name>" controls shouldn't be there). That'll require an update though. All the Climate screens now work. There is still a bug where if inverting, it doesn't show the AMPS being sucked in by the individual inverters (the animation is correct, but the amps for each are 0, but the total is correct).

Lastly, on the System Control mobile app for Android I was able to connect to my phone without hardwiring the IP address of the LR125. Unfortunately, I learned that System Control will not support a cloud option on non-Winnebago rigs; we are expected to use myRozie instead. :sad face:

So, as far as the 80/20 rule goes we are at 80% vs 100%, but the 80% is enough for now...

Now I have to decide if I want to live with myRozie and System Control as they are, wait to see what SilverLeaf does in the future with the LR125 and mobile/tablet access, or futz around myself with the open source version of CoachProxyOS or myRVin to hack my own RV-C mobile app together using a Raspberry Pi with IoT or not...

Best,
-Mark

Shouldn't Newmar have had this system configured for production? Why are you having to do all of this?

Shouldn't Newmar have had this system configured for production? Why are you having to do all of this?
/\ EXACTLY THIS /\
And if mine left the factory that way, how many others have the same messed up cloned firmware and settings?

Just tells me how few owners use their phones/tablets/laptops from inside the rig or remotely to monitor and/or control their coach. Problem is I am a computer guy with teams who produce commercial mobile and web products so it eats at me.

Like the factory solar controller issue on factory lithium coaches built pre Feb 2023, perhaps my efforts to right this will result in another service bulletin some day...

Best,
-Mark

Latest resources

Back