• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Handgun storage in your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Unfortunately in today's environment you just don't know when you might need protection and 911 is just not going to cut it .. Google Image Result for https://www.lawofficer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Protester-pulls-gun-360x180.png
Here’s my biased two cents worth. I really doubt I’m going to need my gun from the drivers seat as much as I would if I was outside of the vehicle. A cheap hard to draw from holsters probably worse than not even carrying a gun because you think you had protection but in reality when a second not seconds count that cheap holsters did not serve its purpose

Here is the mount installed in a very in unobtrusive manner. Essentially invisible when not in use.
749FB336-4C35-405A-85BA-18B7193240C2.jpeg
DD6605DE-D71D-431B-85CB-3EB8ADCD33F5.jpeg

While I agree, in theory, the problem is that if you have to use your firearm for self-defense, you are already in violation of the law. That means you will be arrested and charged. And, you will probably be convicted.

Now, the up side is that you may have protected yourself and family members; the down side is that you will most likely spend time in jail. It is a lousy situation, but it is what it is. "Hobson's Choice?"

When it comes to a choice between saving a life (maybe my own) or not violating the law, I know what I would choose. Either way, however, it will be a costly choice.

TJ
If I’m willing to die for them, I’m certainly willing to do time for them. As you say, it is what it is.

Now will you please come back from your self imposed exile? We miss you @TJ&LadyDi

If I’m willing to die for them, I’m certainly willing to do time for them. As you say, it is what it is.

Now will you please come back from your self imposed exile? We miss you @TJ&LadyDi
I just want to know if he sold his rig and if it's still idling or did he get it to turn off?

Nice to be remembered, John; thank you.

It is, however, not a self-imposed exile, Neal kicked us out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not really; rather, it is a nothing-left-to-contribute situation. LadyDi and I have left the RV world and, thus, aren’t really able to participate in a meaningful way any longer. I still do take a look at the forum every now and then (obviously) just to keep track of friends. Actually, it was a friend that I stay in touch with via e-mail that tipped me off to these two posts.

We just closed on the sale of our place in Polson yesterday and the Mountain Aire will be put up for sale within the next few weeks.

I just want to know if he sold his rig and if it's still idling or did he get it to turn off?

And, yes, @Neal, the MADP now does shut off. It was a failed relay that was keeping it running, and it has been replaced. The failed AC has also been replaced as well, so the coach is—once again—in tip-top shape and ready for a new home.

Best regards to all.

TJ&LadyDi

Your participation is always meaningful to me. The sage advice of someone who has been there and done that is always welcome and encouraged.

I agree that your input to this forum is still relevant and have missed your insight. Hope you and Lady Di are enjoying the change pace in your life.

Congrats on the Polson sale TJ, wish I could have taken it, still need to get out there and see that beautiful land and the spot where you imbibed on surprise pizza with you know what on it. Glad to hear the coach is fixed up and hope you do very well on the sale of that. And consider Elli's leash on you, the longer retractable one of course, so you'll have to stick around within the limits of the leash of course :) You have a lot to offer from your experience in the RV world but also in your hobbies of trap/skeet shooting (don't want to call it the wrong thing) as that's a great hobby for RVers to enjoy as I did once and need to find places to do it again. Many clay thingies survived that day...

While I agree, in theory, the problem is that if you have to use your firearm for self-defense, you are already in violation of the law. That means you will be arrested and charged. And, you will probably be convicted.

Now, the up side is that you may have protected yourself and family members; the down side is that you will most likely spend time in jail. It is a lousy situation, but it is what it is. "Hobson's Choice?"

When it comes to a choice between saving a life (maybe my own) or not violating the law, I know what I would choose. Either way, however, it will be a costly choice.

TJ
Better to be judged by a jury of 6 than to be 6 feet under.

Latest resources

Back