• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Happy Camper tank treatment - Testing fail

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ok, I am going to repeat with a 7 day test and larger dose.

I will also do another with nothing but water for same time, and a 3rd with @Neal's idea of Cascade/Dawn...I am very curious now.

I believe Happy Camper is a scam too but yes, I use it. I don't have odor issues, but that's because my sht'dont'stink, okay, because I think proper vents are key. Happy Camper has an extreme cleaner which I'll use at times but I personally believe Cascade or Dawn are better for cleaning, they are designed for this and concentrated as such. I use either or, not together just to clarify.

I don't, with a slight bit of common sense, see how ANYTHING can tame the stink inside a 45+ gallon crap'trap.

I really think that proper cleaning procedures help. With the remote operated tank valves, I have been leaving the gray tank closed normally and draining when full, just like the black tank. Doing that seems like it would help with the tanks buildup, etc. Just theory, as I have no smells in the RV. I don't get on the roof to sniff the vent holes. I assume they will smell, and that my ventilation system is working properly.

I really think that proper cleaning procedures help. With the remote operated tank valves, I have been leaving the gray tank closed normally and draining when full, just like the black tank. Doing that seems like it would help with the tanks buildup, etc. Just theory, as I have no smells in the RV. I don't get on the roof to sniff the vent holes. I assume they will smell, and that my ventilation system is working properly.

Are you able to turn on sani-con remotely? I think a 3" plumbing setup and stinky slinky provides a good vortex for cleaning while draining. With sani-con setups I think the sani-con should be ON to provide the same effect to clean on dump. I set my remote drainmaster setup to also include a remote sani-con control.

Are you able to turn on sani-con remotely? I think a 3" plumbing setup and stinky slinky provides a good vortex for cleaning while draining. With sani-con setups I think the sani-con should be ON to provide the same effect to clean on dump. I set my remote drainmaster setup to also include a remote sani-con control.
Yes, I run the sanicon remotely as well.

If you want to avoid the embarrassment, maybe dog or cat poo if you’ve got some of that lying around. Poo is poo.

If you want to avoid the embarrassment, maybe dog or cat poo if you’ve got some of that lying around. Poo is poo.
I nominate you to tackle this one..

Latest resources

Back