Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

calendarboy

RVF Regular
I really miss having a ceiling fan in our bedroom. We have a 2016 Dutch Star 4369. Has anyone out there installed a bedroom ceiling fan in their 40+ foot Newmar?

I'm sure it can be done, we have one in our Cornerstone.

Just a matter of how much time and money you want to expend. I find us using the one in the coach more than we ever use the one in our S&B BR. I guess the higher ceilings in the S&B reduces the impact of the airflow in the room, whereas in the coach, we get full effect.

Just really about finding a ceiling hugging design, opening roof area to provide weight support and run power/ controls wiring, and then putting it all back together for that factory built look.

I suggest calling Newmar first. Heard they don't offer it because of air conditioner ducts above the ceiling.

I really miss having a ceiling fan in our bedroom. We have a 2016 Dutch Star 4369. Has anyone out there installed a bedroom ceiling fan in their 40+ foot Newmar?
I'm still having problems understanding why a 2016 Dutch Star didn't come stock with a ceiling fan in the bedroom? ? ?

All - Celing fans are heavy, consequently, the receptacle needed for power usually has to be reinforced to carry weight, as well as area around it, for brackets of fan unit. Sure could add one as option per order, aftermarket, you are just asking for trouble. Costco sells little bitty fans, sit on counter, can blow air all night long, create a little white fan noise, and much cheaper than ceiling fam. OTOH, you can call newmar and ask them how much to install one, as thay made coach, would have prints on exactly where all the things that are "gotchas" are, and work around those to do it. All it's going to take is deep pockets for labor, fan will be the cheapest part of the deal. Hmmm, costco here I come.

Latest resources

Back