Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Has RVing affected your International Travel?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Owning a RV probably means 99% of your travel is in the RV and therefore domestic (other than maybe Canada and Mexico). When is the last time you traveled internationally for vacation (business travel excluded)? I can see that I would need to make a deliberate effort to travel outside of RVing these days. I have a gazillion frequent flyer miles so that's not the issue. For me my travel is all about RVing right now. There is a lot to see on this planet and great things to explore outside of the US. How has RV ownership affected your worldwide exploration?

I don't know that RVing has affected out international travel much, but increasing age has. We're just not up to 12-hour flights on crowded planes anymore.

Our last international trip (not counting Canada...we live 5 miles south of the US-Canada border) was in 2012. We visited family and friends in Spain, and would love to go back but its just too much of a hassle.

The Mountain Aire provides a very comfortable mode of travel in North America and we are enjoying It.

TJ

We‘ve traveled a lot internationally; most recently did a Northern Lights cruise along the Norwegian coast with Viking Ocean cruises in March of 2019...you may have seen on the news at that time about the cruise ship that had to be rescued during a terrible storm in the Norwegian Sea; well, that was us. You can google “Viking Sky Rescue” and see videos... as a result of that, we were refunded every penny of our money, including excursions we had already taken and all of our airfare. Plus, a like amount of dollars towards a future cruise. So this January, we went to Australia & New Zealand. We were also invite to go on the inaugural voyage of a new Viking ship in January of 2021 to the Mediterranean. Also free. We always fly business class; a have a ton of frequent flyer miles.

Wow, what an adventure that must have been!

I have never been on a cruise and have to admit that Covid-19 has taken away any desire. We were going to fly to the UK/Scotland this July but have cancelled our plans, maybe next year?. We enjoy RVing and will have to say planning the trip seemed like a lot of work for 2 weeks trip, much easier planning RV trip.

Sounds as if you were compensated well for the inconvenience.

RVing is the way for me! Too much to see & do right here in the good ol US of A!
My International travel days are over! With all of the unrest around the world, terrorism, Covid, on & on; I'll take my chances here!
Too old anymore to put up with all the "BS" necessary for International travel!
Y'all enjoy it, send pics, but I'm staying here & enjoying my wonderful, beautiful, comfortable motorized home, called a Newmar!:)

We do both! We usually do about 4 months in the RV and do one international trip and a couple to Mexico or Hawaii. I love our RV but it’s a big world out there and I want to see it!

Latest resources

Back