Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jerryfr

RVF Regular
My wife and I have been RVing for the last 2 and a half years. Have a nice class C with the tow car to match...the whole deal.
Good looking rig with many improvements. Been all over and have had lots of fun. We're both seniors and have made some great friends along the way. We were in South TX on the beach for a couple of months when Covid hit, we headed back home to Arkansas. Put the RV and tow car up and stayed in the house. We'll we've had our vaccines and and the wanderlust is setting in again but...here's that question....

IS IT SAFE ANYMORE? I've read some very frightful things happening all around the country. Even in places we once felt safe in. Has anyone experienced any "on road" situations? I've seen RV's attacked on the road and broken into while stopped for protestors. I know many will say the NEW's tells you where not to go, but that being said there seems to be trouble and violence all over these day's.

Thought's please

TRAVEL...... but be wise, be safe, be aware, and enjoy your travels!
Do whatever you are the most comfortable doing; as what I and others think doesn't really matter! (y)
Good Luck!

Go and live or otherwise, live in fear until you die. Sorry for sounding blunt but that is the extent of this scare that was perpetrated to a big degree. I am not getting political just stating a point. You will not leave this earth until the Lord God above is ready for you to. I live life experiencing life, serving my church and ministries, road cycling daily with only one thing on my mind each day……what will the good Lord bring my way tomorrow.

in a nutshell, enjoy and quit hiding around every corner worrying what could end your life, rather live life and along the way, give back to others.

Exactly. I avoid big cities, as much as possible. I pass though on the interstates and try not to stop. Overnight stays for me are in truck stops in rural areas. Camping in rural areas and small towns. My travel habits have not changed.

As has been said. Do your research, then go and enjoy. Prayer for guidance is always wise.

Press on. To live in fear is to die today.
Situational awareness; IOW, pay attention!

And…don’t forget…more people die in bed…soooo, never go to bed! ?

Prior to the world going bat crazy--we avoided large cities because there was traffic and lots of people. We always enjoyed the scenery and the smaller towns, country side.

Due to that, we never stopped traveling and enjoying life.

Big cities have always had a good reason to avoid. I prefer to travel where doors don't need to be locked, and shotguns can remain stowed.

My wife and I have been RVing for the last 2 and a half years. Have a nice class C with the tow car to match...the whole deal.
Good looking rig with many improvements. Been all over and have had lots of fun. We're both seniors and have made some great friends along the way. We were in South TX on the beach for a couple of months when Covid hit, we headed back home to Arkansas. Put the RV and tow car up and stayed in the house. We'll we've had our vaccines and and the wanderlust is setting in again but...here's that question....

IS IT SAFE ANYMORE? I've read some very frightful things happening all around the country. Even in places we once felt safe in. Has anyone experienced any "on road" situations? I've seen RV's attacked on the road and broken into while stopped for protestors. I know many will say the NEW's tells you where not to go, but that being said there seems to be trouble and violence all over these day's.

Thought's please
The news people make a lot of money selling fear. And the politicians love for us to buy into it. I'm not saying bad things don't happen. They do. But, like many of the others have stated. Go and Live and Enjoy. Peace, Jim

I travel a lot for my job. I spend 2-3 nights a week in a hotel. I eat in restaurants 3 meals a day when traveling. I'm not the slightest bit afraid. Camping??? Sounds like the safest thing you could be doing! Go enjoy yourself.

Well people can be NUTS, but it doesn't mean you have to be also.
Life is too short to paranoid. Cautious and mindful is healthy.
Avoid the crazy people / environments and just hope that they eventually weed themselves out from the majority of the populace.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back