• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Hello, new and confused

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I suppose if you add enough chlorine it can cause harm, but I ad so little that it should not matter. We have chlorine added to our drinking water, (maybe in another form ) and Its added to swimming pools. Flushing after is the important thing. Needs to be done several times. That is if you can spare the water. Chlorine does deteriorate silicone also. However, Sodium Bicarbonate no doubt will work also. Study done by the International Journal of Food Microbiology has shown that it has some antibacterial and antifungal properties. I am not sure what RV manufactures recommend. How much do you add and how long do you leave it in your tank? Something to consider.....

Last edited:
That tip came from a friend in the industry.

I just dissolve a box in some water and pour, don't get to scientific about it, I use the stuff in my biscuits after all.

That tip came from a friend in the industry.

I just dissolve a box in some water and pour, don't get to scientific about it, I use the stuff in my biscuits after all.
Thank you! Probably try this next trip.

Most utilities use chlorine a.k.a bleach in the purification process of water. Something like 10 parts per million as I recall. They add other chemicals to coagulate the particles thus making it easier to filter.

Just take reasonable precautions and don't get too excited about drinking or using the RV water system.

Most utilities use chlorine a.k.a bleach in the purification process of water. Something like 10 parts per million as I recall. They add other chemicals to coagulate the particles thus making it easier to filter.

Just take reasonable precautions and don't get too excited about drinking or using the RV water system.
Just a reminder! They also put fluoride in many municipal water supplies. Do some Research on that one.

Not exactly truthful! Hitler added fluoride to dumb down the masses, and make them more controlled, his plan stated that fact. . It's claimed to be a carsonagen, and lethal to children.

My point is just because they put it in the water...

Not exactly truthful! Hitler added fluoride to dumb down the masses, and make them more controlled, his plan stated that fact. . It's claimed to be a carsonagen, and lethal to children.

My point is just because they put it in the water...
One more point! Although they in the past used chlorine to treat water, now FDA now recommends ClO2. That is not the same thing, and can be found at KVlabs on the web.

I suggest you take that up with the folks at Harvard.

Bob

Don't need to! This is the data sheet
Of all the poison in the water this is the worst, and it's a poison that is added. There are only three ways to nutrilizes fluoride, or remove it.
1. Bone char filter = nutrilizes it.
2.ozone bubble it= remove 95 percent.
3. RO filter = 95% removal.

Why should you care?
Causes osteoporosis.
Is A carsonagen.
If you are actively seeking truth, the pineal gland is calcified by fluoride.

But we went there because we were talking about chlorine, and would they add something to our water that could do us harm. The answer is, do you think they did the research? If you think they did,then like Hitler it was intentional!!!

Latest resources

Back