Adventurer
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy P30
Engine
454 Vortac
Fulltimer
Yes
Yesterday, the fridge side of the rig was in direct sunlight About 75 F outdoors but the side of the fridge surface temp was 95 F and the thermometer inside the fridge read and still reads 70 degrees F, the setting is on coolest, there are no airflow issues, the fins are moist but barely cold, the freezer appears to be working, No error codes displayed 12 volt seems like it’s being supplied, I took off the outside cover for the first time and the absorber coils are hot to the touch as it should be, I’ve read that it can take from 12-24 hours to cool the fridge but so far no change and it’s been more than 12 hours, also today is overcast with sun beating down on that side. I haven’t tested the cooling fans, I need to locate that or Thermistor yet I placed a small battery fan inside but no change.. I’ve tried to cool on propane as well but no change the pilot shows lit when it’s on. Is there anything else I should check or try before calling a repair guy? Thanks

Last edited:
Yesterday, the fridge side of the rig was in direct sunlight About 75 F outdoors but the side of the fridge surface temp was 95 F and the thermometer inside the fridge read and still reads 70 degrees F, the setting is on coolest, there are no airflow issues, the fins are moist but barely cold, the freezer appears to be working, No error codes displayed 12 volt seems like it’s being supplied, I took off the outside cover for the first time and the absorber coils are hot to the touch as it should be, I’ve read that it can take from 12-24 hours to cool the fridge but so far no change and it’s been more than 12 hours, also today is overcast with sun beating down on that side. I haven’t tested the cooling fans, I need to locate that or Thermistor yet I placed a small battery fan inside but no change.. I’ve tried to cool on propane as well but no change the pilot shows lit when it’s on. Is there anything else I should check or try before calling a repair guy? Thanks
I had a similar problem. Freezer worked, frig didn't. I replaced fuses,thermostat outside. Not hard to do at all. Fixed the problem

I had a similar problem. Freezer worked, frig didn't. I replaced fuses,thermostat outside. Not hard to do at all. Fixed the problem
Are the fuses and thermostat accessed from the outside back panel? Where are they located? Thanks for your help.

Are the fuses and thermostat accessed from the outside back panel? Where are they located? Thanks for your help.
There are fuses on the outside. Mine had two. The thermostat is usually located on the inside of the frig back by the light mounted on a cooling fin.
This came off the Norcold Guy website:
  1. The next thing to check is your Thermistor (thermostat/ resistor) located inside the refrigerator. It has a 4-prong connector located at your light fixture at one end and the other end connects inside the refrigerator on one of the back fins. To test this Thermistor you don't need any tools whatsoever. Provided your refrigerator is not showing any fault codes, you can turn the temperature setting as cold as it gets and disconnect this Thermistor. If it cools properly, you have a bad Thermistor. If, however, you do have a multi-meter, here is an article on testing the thermistor for resistance:
    Norcold Thermistor Test (<-click)
  2. Hope this helps.

There is also a youtube video under Norcold thermistor test by Norcold guy and tech help

There is also a youtube video under Norcold thermistor test by Norcold guy and tech help
Ironically I just watched that video before I saw your reply, I tested the thermistor and whle it's not open like he says in the video it does appear to be off by some amount and it won't go up past 18 in ice water, I was able to finda new replacement on Amazon Prime should have it on Sat. Now I have to check the fuse.
There are fuses on the outside. Mine had two. The thermostat is usually located on the inside of the frig back by the light mounted on a cooling fin.
This came off the Norcold Guy website:
  1. The next thing to check is your Thermistor (thermostat/ resistor) located inside the refrigerator. It has a 4-prong connector located at your light fixture at one end and the other end connects inside the refrigerator on one of the back fins. To test this Thermistor you don't need any tools whatsoever. Provided your refrigerator is not showing any fault codes, you can turn the temperature setting as cold as it gets and disconnect this Thermistor. If it cools properly, you have a bad Thermistor. If, however, you do have a multi-meter, here is an article on testing the thermistor for resistance:
    Norcold Thermistor Test (<-click)
  2. Hope this helps.
So is it possible to run it without the thermistor temporarily till it's replacec? Aslo on my fridge when the thermistor is off so far it hasn't gotten cooler and when turned on the temp LED blinks probably because ttere is no thermostat to control the temps., just checked the temp without the thermistor and it does appear tobe getting cooler without out it. icheced again but didnt find a fuse.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back