Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Greg108

RVF Regular
Greg here - totally new to RV - bought the 2019 Ventana 4369 used with 12K miles - everything seemed in great condition, now on my first trip. Really need some help - equipped with a Dometic control for heating. Zone 3 heats up nicely. Zones 1 and 2 blow out cold air only, regardless of my attempting every control option available. Now in Zion National Park and it is cold. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot will be greatly appreciated. Plugged into a 50 AMP. All the best, Greg

Are you using Heat Pump (HP) or Furnace (FURN) mode? You only have FURN in zones 1&3 , HP (rooftop units) in all 3. It may be too cold for the heatpumps.

Are you using Heat Pump (HP) or Furnace (FURN) mode? You only have FURN in zones 1&3 , HP (rooftop units) in all 3. It may be too cold for the heatpumps.
Dear Sealyn, Thank you so very much - it is about 25 degrees - is that the temp level you suggest might be too cold? What worked best for zone 3 was "auto". I will set things to Furn and see what happens. Any other suggestions?

Update - once zone 1 turned to Furn, it just blew out cold air again - I left it on for 10 min to see if it would turn to heat - no luck, so turned it off. Zone 3 changed from auto to Furn - it kept working as it had been - note however there is an insane buzz that is coming out of the ceiling near the entrance of the bath.

About 40° is the limit for the rooftop HP. Set Zones 1&3 to Furn. Assuming Oasis, turn on burner.

What is your hot water situation? It sounds like you have a recirculation pump out.

About 40° is the limit for the rooftop HP. Set Zones 1&3 to Furn. Assuming Oasis, turn on burner.
Thank you again, Sealyn. Yes, Oasis is burner on. What about the AC Heat switch - keep it off or AC1 or AC1 and 2? Pretty much zone 1 with Furn will only blow cold air - does the Furn for Zone 3 and Zone 1 come from the same unit - it is strange that zone 3 on furn is heating nicely while Zone 1 on Furn is only blowing cold air.

I’d say the circulation pump for the front zones (Heat Loop 1) is bad. Check the Oasis unit for a blown fuse. If yes, replace it and if it blows again, its the pump.

Sounds like you may be new to all the Oasis fun, and if so, go to that compartment, locate the stainless fuse block cover, identify any red LEDs, pull the cover off (no fasteners, just pops loose), and check the fuse that corresponds with the red LED. Likely Heat Loop 1.

If you do need a pump, you can either buy this one for around $90:
or the one from Hydronic Heating Warehouse for $345
Many have reported that the US Solar pump is a perfect fit and functions the same as the OE pump. It’s what I’ll use from now on.
FC71EF82-C127-417D-8004-30BDE620A297.jpeg

CA3DC9DD-E599-46FF-95B5-7C9B0C397D2E.jpeg

8A54874D-8305-471C-AB6F-367E2493EBD9.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d say the circulation pump for the front zones (Heat Loop 1) is bad. Check the Oasis unit for a blown fuse. If yes, replace it and if it blows again, its the pump.

Sounds like you may be new to all the Oasis fun, and if so, go to that compartment, locate the stainless fuse block cover, identify any red LEDs, pull the cover off (no fasteners, just pops loose), and check the fuse that corresponds with the red LED. Likely Heat Loop 1.

If you do need a pump, you can either buy this one for around $90:
or the one from Hydronic Heating Warehouse for $345
Many have reported that the US Solar pump is a perfect fit and functions the same as the OE pump. It’s what I’ll use from now on.
View attachment 16780
View attachment 16781
View attachment 16782
Dear Rich, thank you for the detailed advice. Yes, new to everything related to RV :( I will check out everything you have advised in the afternoon as we are headed out for now. Thanks, again, Greg

Latest resources

Back