RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford Explorer/2018 Ford SuperDuty
Fulltimer
No
If you are picking up a new coach, make sure you do a detailed inspection of the paint and push back on any issues you find so they will correct it... we are glad we did and just got our coach back from being color corrected and ceramic coated..
IMG_8183.jpeg
IMG_8184.jpeg
IMG_8187.jpeg

Who did the coating?

If you are picking up a new coach, make sure you do a detailed inspection of the paint and push back on any issues you find so they will correct it... In principle I agree with this, however unless you’re picking up at the factory or one of the NIRVC locations, most dealers do not have body and paint shops. This is perhaps one of the biggest inconveniences in getting warranty paint work done
Beautiful coach!

In principle I agree with this, however unless you’re picking up at the factory or one of the NIRVC locations, most dealers do not have body and paint shops. This is perhaps one of the biggest inconveniences in getting warranty paint work done

Stuart, as you stated, most dealers do not have a paint/body shop.. thats why its key to document it on day one... versus getting all caught up in the excitement of getting a new coach... you have to do your due diligence and document anything that needs to be resolved... we have a great body shop here near where we live that Newmar works with..

You are lucky to have that, and yes absolutely document every warranty concern, even though I had done this Newmar’s first position was to not approve paint and body work. In my case Newmar shipped my motorhome with many paint defects, if Newmar corrects the issues their cost is very controlled, a lot of independent paint shops are way more expensive. That’s when the Customer Service department puckers up😬

This is another Bonus of Factory Pickup. There were many corrections made to the paint of DPDS when we took delivery in Nappanee.

we considered it, but our timeline to do it didnt work as my travel schedule was already set for work... one day I will retire lol

Latest resources

Back