Challenger
RV Length
Engine
Triton
TOW/TOAD
searching
Fulltimer
No
Just bought new batteries for the RV. (2007 Damon Challenger 355) I don't know where or if this RV has an inverter, other than the one installed by previous owner that rests behind and under passenger seat. It is a 1k/8amp inverter wired independently from the rest of the RV. When I have the batteries on, I have no power to any RV outlets - only fans, lights, furnace(blower), range hood and fridge. Being new, I have no idea if this is the operational norm. My understanding from reading the owner's manual is that batteries would power outlets connected to the bathroom GFCI and TV/Entertainment system that resides in compartments above driver/passenger seats. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. I found the converter in rear driver's side storage compartment and it is working as intended. Looking for confirmation/clarification from seasoned vets.

Oh, yeah - If I wanted to replace that inverter under passenger's seat, would it safe for me to go up to a 2k? 3k? Batteries are 6v Interstate x 2. Thanks in advance.

Sizing the inverter is only a safety issue if you don't protect the cord plugged into it! 3k watts is 25 amps at 120v. Fused or breakered 12 gauge wire with 20 amp fuse at the inverter will make it safe if the circuit is 12 Guage in the rig.

Upsizing the inverter also means the fuse to the battery bank will also need to be increased (No fuse? Not safe). Make sure the 12v side is Fused at the battery!

Latest resources

Back