Dutch Star
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
Ram 1500
Fulltimer
No
Any recommended routes from Hilton Head to Nashville? Google maps wants me to go thru downtown Atlanta. I try to avoid big cities.

I was thinking as an alternative to go through Asheville then 40 across. Will cost me an extra hour. But would be worth it to avoid big city. I have 2 days to make the drive so will overnight half way.

Thanks

Dennis

Having spent much time through Columbia, Spartanburg & Asheville on I-26 as well as visiting family in and around Atlanta, I avoid Atlanta whenever possible. You start to climb steadily and sometimes aggressively shortly after entering NC but I-26 is good even with all the traffic unless there's an accident which can really clog things up. I've been between Spartanburg and Knoxville several times and it's not a bad drive at all.

As an added bonus, you'll pass the costco in Columbia and Spartanburg, either of which typically has close to the cheapest fuel in the state.

Any recommended routes from Hilton Head to Nashville? Google maps wants me to go thru downtown Atlanta. I try to avoid big cities.

I was thinking as an alternative to go through Asheville then 40 across. Will cost me an extra hour. But would be worth it to avoid big city. I have 2 days to make the drive so will overnight half way.

Thanks

Dennis
I understand not wanted to go through Atlanta but I have to tell you we have pulled through there at least three times with our 40' coach and F150 SuperCrew in tow with no problems.

@Ddmo I don't have a map open but Nashville traffic terrible depending on the time of the day. However, you have some gorgeous scenery to take in along the way. While maybe not the most direct route, consider planning a scenic route. Depending on when you're going fall colors may be something to check out as that's one of my fav areas (Appalachians).

I’d much rather enjoy the Mtns of NC than to go through Atlanta. I went through last year and man the tragic is bad. Even on the weekends.

Latest resources

Back