• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hope It Is Just A Mild Case

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That's good news. Yeah the test is no fun. If you still feel bad in a day or 2 go get another test. These tests are not 100%.

Hoping it was nothing and that you are better now.

The DW decided to make a couple calls. Apparently in this area someone my age experiencing a slight temperature and cough is someone they want to test right away. Anyhow, we pulled up to the back entrance of the medical center Friday and the Doctor came out and jammed the yardstick up both my nose holes! Not a pleasant test I must say.

Got the results back yesterday. Negative for covid19. Just an old man with a head cold.
Good news. Keep doing things to boost your immune system. Black Elderberry syrup and zinc would be helpful! Hope you feel better soon!

happy to have a head cold... how things have changed. Congrats??

That's good news. Yeah the test is no fun. If you still feel bad in a day or 2 go get another test. These tests are not 100%.

Well, it has been 5 days since I got the call that the test was negative. Still have the cough and my energy level is close to zero. My regular morning routine is to walk 3 to 3.5 miles at around 17 minute per mile. I tried to walk a mile this morning and ran out of gas quickly. I've never had any type of "cold" or anything else that zaps my energy like this.

From everything I'm reading now it appears that at least one out of five tests done within 3 days of covid-19 infection are false negatives. I'm going to let it go another 3 or 4 days to see if there is any improvement. If no improvement I guess I'll get another nose job, errrr.......I mean covid test.

Your description certainly sounds like the reported symptoms. Hope you recover quickly.

My doctor sent me an email about Covid today. He said the following.

However, the COVID-19 PCR tests have the highest probability of detecting and infection around seven days after the possible exposure. Too soon, and the body may not have enough virus in the upper airways to be detected. Thus, timing will be important.

And I hope you feel better soon.

@FL-JOE take good care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon.

We are all wishing you the best! Please take care, and keep us posted. J and J

I have heard the same 20% false negative on tests from my friends that are doctors and nurses in hospitals; please do get tested again. We are wishing you the best.

Latest resources

Back