Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How are you storing your Starlink dish?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Mine is in its original container in a storage compartment outside. No problems so far
I store mine in a 27 gallon container. The yellow top storage bins at Lowe’s, Home Depot,etc. I put the original inserts inside and place accordingly. Fits perfect. Usually put it in the back seat of the gladiator or in the bed when traveling

Gen3 arrived. It’s a much slimmer box as it has the retractable kick stand instead of motorized setup. I can see the shipping box or padded carry cases as an option. Much less space needed although it is larger in size. Could even craft some nifty sidewall storage too as it’s narrow.

My new Gen3 arrives today, my Gen2 still works but was dropped and also has some marks on the front of the dish as it's a non durable coating I'll call it. I want to be more careful with the Gen3, while the drop accident was something unintended, putting it in the basement is something I want to be a little more careful about as again I consider the face of the dish non-durable.

Basement storage space is a premium and obviously the Gen3 is not a permanent roof mount and for those that do use a permanent roof mount I'd be concerned about protecting the surface as well from debris, hail, etc. But I digress, for those with NON permanent mounts, what are you using to store your dish? I'm current laying mine face down on soft material in my slideout tray but may look for some type of case or foam setup.

Interested in your ideas.
Just a quick idea so no judging
What about a piece of plywood mounted to the top of the bay storage that works like a wine glass holder?
IMG_4541.jpeg

I actually brought the dish up to my office where I also do my 3D printing. I'm thinking of four corner brackets and some way it would lock/latch in and mount it to a basement side wall, top of dish surface facing the wall for protection. The ceilings typically have some moisture barrier I think it is but either wood or metal, I have smoke detectors mounted to the ceiling in the basement in two locations. So yes, it's an option too if I can find a good ceiling area but I have walls like on the side of the slideout tray aft of the battery bay that could be easily used. Thinking in progress...

You could also use this same set in a vertical configuration mounted inside your closet

Of course, the man with a full wine cooler in his new London Aire would suggest a wine glass holder. You do still have the LA I'm assuming.

I guess you’ll have to wait a couple more weeks to know for sure😎

I went through the process of deciding which Starlink antenna would be best for me. Storage is an issue as we all now and the Starlink antenna was another item to figure out where to stow it. That issue and I really didn't want another task to fiddle around with and set up when I get to my destination. These were reasons I invested in the High-Performance Starlink system, in addition to always having an Internet connection and WiFi calling when there is no cellular service when I'm in remote areas... which in my travels is fairly frequent.

Latest resources

Back