• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How bad is this tire

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
that's a tough tire to source. I just got 4 of them 3 weeks ago. Took my tire guy 2 weeks to get them. There is a Yokohama replacement that is a tad bit narrower but is common to big trucks. The story I was told is the Michelin XZA on the coach is specifically built tire for the Bus Industry and when travel shut down in 20 they basically stopped production as there was no demand. My brother put the Yokohama's on his coach and you cant tell a difference in drive or ride. Good Luck

Looking at a few alternatives, none seem to meet the 10k weight rating of the Michelins. Not sure how important that is to your situation.

The Toyo size is closest to circumference as measured by rotations per mile but greater width.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the info. I did find a Michelin tire after all. I'm glad I have time to get it in. I called Newmar for another brand tire and size. They passed the buck to Spartan. I called Spartan and they did not realize that Michelin was the only one to make that size tire, and they couldn't just say you can use this tire it will have the same load and not interfere with the chassis. Nope you are on your own.

Latest resources

Back