Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How did I kill two slides at once?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GlampDaddy

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4519
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins 500
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
On a short Sunday drive to Canyon Lake I ran over a steel box-like thing in the center of my lane. I got it out and all seemed OK. Got to the park and my two driver side slides were non-responsive - deadski. Called Newmar this morning with no positive outcome. If anyone has any idea of what may have happened, I’d love to hear it.

Bummer on the slides. Have you done the routine of checking fuses? Shore power vs. GEN power even though they should be 12V supplied, at least mine are. Everything checking good on the Magnum (Inverter) panel? Have you tried cycling power such as turn the salesman 12V switch off wait a bit then back on?

Yep. Newmar led me through all those, as well as checking the controllers. It’s looking a lot like a trip to NIRVC in my near future.

It seems hard to believe two slides could have this happen at once which leads me to believe an electrical issue i.e. fuse somewhere.

I’m thinking that steel box you ran over disconnected something underneath, since you’ve checked everything Newmar suggested.

I would check the area where you found the "box" very carefully. Are there any visible wires in that area? If a wire was severed, or grounded out, that could account for a loss of power to the slide motors. Like others, I would suspect a fuse. Sometimes, fuses don't have any obvious signs of being bad, but they are.

TJ

I’m thinking that steel box you ran over disconnected something underneath, since you’ve checked everything Newmar suggested.
I’m thinking the same, but there’s no evidence under the coach.

The Newmar tech says all the slides ate independent of one another.

The Newmar tech says all the slides ate independent of one another.
Well, in my experience, nothing is absolutely independent of everything else. And the fact that you had two slides come up with a problem at the same time would likely support that hypothesis. :ROFLMAO:

Did you find the "box" in the entry step area? If so, there are some ground connections in that area. Losing a ground is the same as losing power.

TJ

My money is on a fuse (no idea which one) and the box has nothing to do with it.

Latest resources

Back