• Friendliest RV community on the web

How fast do you normally drive?

• 55-60

• 60-65

• 65-70

• 70-75

• 75 and above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Somebody has to splain it to me?: How do you get better fuel consumption by running at higher RPM?
That’s like my DW thinks that the more you spend, the more you save ??
F4051009-AE35-4566-9C39-DD3067727C64.png

I’m a 62-65mph fan. The coach just seems to like this range and so do I.

I don't like driving at night so I let the GPS tell me the speed to travel. To this I will add, If I am only going a short distance I follow Cali law. vehicles pulling trailers 55mph max, no matter what the state. I stay in the slow lane and speed up if I must pass someone. People expect the right lane is the slow lane, The reason my sailboat was named "the right lane".

62-65 but I'm new to this so that is subject to change. I didn't realize it was acceptable to use cruise control towing a trailer. I realize some may be driving motorhomes though.

I'm all about safety so I will run around the same speed as commercial traffic. It has been my experience that most semi traffic runs right at or a couple mph over the speed limit, so to keep from having them pass me constantly, or me pass them constantly, I try to average their speeds. If that means going 66, 70, or 72 then that is okay. Anything around 75 and higher I won't consistently do.

Many interstate crashes happen when passing or getting passed.

62 mph is my goal Try to keep it there. Try not to go over 65 mph unless going down a hill.

FLSteve

@Buly Posted a graph from Cummins on hp required for 65 mph at 1450 rmp. But I started wondering are all your coaches set-up with the same differential gearing? It states the aero being the largest need for power, seems planning a trip for tail wind would be the best way to boost MPG.

On 6th gear I’m cruising at 65 mph and 1600 rpm. The towing speed limit on my Honda CRV is 65 mph.
Once in a while if I have to pass some one, I may punch it to 75 for a short time.

I didn’t see my answer...

✅ PEGGED

:LOL:

Wait...there's a limit? OH, ok...

I almost always go the speed limit up to 75...when I feel there's a safe zone should I need to use it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back