• Friendliest RV community on the web

How fast do you normally drive?

• 55-60

• 60-65

• 65-70

• 70-75

• 75 and above

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know there is a 55-60 group out there...I pass you all the time. Go-ahead and introduce yourselves, we won't bite!

Yep you would pass me, I go 65mph.

Yep you would pass me, I go 65mph.
That would take a few more miles, and I think you start earlier in the day than I do:)

My sweet spot is 65. Now, when LadyDi is at the wheel... :rolleyes: Well, let's just say we tend to run ahead of schedule with her driving.;)

TJ

Generally around the posted "speed limit" to maybe 2-3 mph over.
On the Interstate the sweetspot seems to be about 66-67 mph.
Off the Interstate's, I enjoy driving about 55-57 mph. It's less stressful, & I see more of this beautiful country!
When driving the coach, I never seem to be in a big hurry; but get behind the wheel of the Colorado....a whole different deal....70-77 mph on Interstate. Speed limit plus about 6-7 mph!

My sweet spot is 65. Now, when LadyDi is at the wheel... :rolleyes: Well, let's just say we tend to run ahead of schedule with her driving.;)

TJ
Geez...now I have wife envy. Never expected that to happen with this thread.

If it was up to her, I’d probably be driving 35-40!

And, if I COULD get my wife to drive, we’d still be in the barn. Or, perhaps divorce court. ?

Oh...and let’s not talk about passing trucks, ok!? Oy...my nerves. ?

LadyDi is a winner in my book; has been for...well...let's just say since I've known her. ;) And, to rub it in a little, she has been doing most of the driving these days. If anyone thinks the ladies can't drive a motorhome, they need to think again. I have proof of that right here beside me.

Of course, she did get good instruction and coaching.:rolleyes:

TJ

I generally drive 67-68 in the motorhome...of course, in the car or truck, probably 5-10 over; radar detectors in both vehiclues...

My toad is supposed to be limited to 65, so I rarely exceed that.

I had to laugh on my way home yesterday. 43' DP with SUV in tow passed. After we exited the Hwy we found ourselves behind this same DP at a traffic signal. They pulled off at a fuel stop. They passed us again at a high rate of speed about 30 minutes later. No doubt racing to their next fuel stop.
We were cruising at a leisurely 55 mph on a section of road with a 65 mph limit. BTW it was a very nice ride....

Latest resources

Back