• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How long will propane tank last?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have always had something like this to keep up with my tank levels. https://amzn.to/37ZZ218
It is not always possible to use them and then I use this kind. Amazon.com : Quick Connect Gas Grill Propane Gauge By Collections Etc : Grill Parts : Garden & Outdoor
The first one is always close to being correct. The 2nd one is a little off some but gives you an idea of what you have.
Some hot water poured on the tank wall will tell you how full your propane tank is. Liquid propane is quite cold and the hot water will heat the tank wall above the propane but not below. Just run your hand down the tank wall until you come to the cold spot. That's where the propane is.

TJ

Some hot water poured on the tank wall will tell you how full your propane tank is. Liquid propane is quite cold and the hot water will heat the tank wall above the propane but not below. Just run your hand down the tank wall until you come to the cold spot. That's where the propane is.

TJ
Seriously? Wow, who knew!

That's what they make tea kettles for; at least, in the view of us coffee drinkers. Just one of those old dinosaur tricks. :ROFLMAO:

TJ
I appreciate the older advise. Especially when its free lol. Anyone can make a fire and bring water to a hot temp and check their tanks for free with this trick, thank you for sharing your wisdom. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back