• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How many amps does your DP PULL

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My 2019 DSDP vs the current 2022 LADP both consumed the same amount of energy, as they had the same options.

The 10kw generator could not power all of the devices we used when we where maxing out boon docking, so we had to adjust when we used certain devices. Not a big deal.

The 12,5Kw gives the same amount of available power (at sea level) as shore does, so we generally have no distinction on how we operate between Generator and shore.

You are drawing way too much power. Actually I am more concerned that your main breakers are not tripping. In my rig I can run both AC units and other appliances without tripping. My AC units each draw 13 amps each. This leaves 24 amps available for other items if you loaded to 100% of available power. While circuit breakers are built and tested to run at 100% of their rating they are listed to be applied at 80% of the handle rating. if you apply that rule that available current on a 50 amp service is 40 amps which in my case in practical applications leaves 14 available amps after you take away the 26 amps used by ACs when running.
Well,80 amps.

My 2019 DSDP vs the current 2022 LADP both consumed the same amount of energy, as they had the same options.

The 10kw generator could not power all of the devices we used when we where maxing out boon docking, so we had to adjust when we used certain devices. Not a big deal.

The 12,5Kw gives the same amount of available power (at sea level) as shore does, so we generally have no distinction on how we operate between Generator and shore.
Ditto on the 12.5kw gen - we operate the same on gen as we do on shore power.

@Joe Hogan keep in mind you have Lithiums which can pull 300A for charging if your charger is not setup correctly. Be sure to review your charge settings.

@Joe Hogan keep in mind you have Lithiums which can pull 300A for charging if your charger is not setup correctly. Be sure to review your charge settings.
I don't know any charger that would be able to deliver more than 50amp. Of course, 50amp would be quite a bit, but only would occur if voltage had dropped.

I don't know the exact answer but I have 2 x Victron Multiplus, not sure what @Joe Hogan has.

I don't know the exact answer but I have 2 x Victron Multiplus, not sure what @Joe Hogan has.

I see the confusion. DC output is up to 80Amps for 12v, but that does not mean it is drawing 80Amps of 120V AC power to generate it.

When expressed in watts you can get a rough idea

12v * 80amp = 960Watts
960Watts / 120V = 8 amps of 120V

My point was simply, and may be completely off, is that LiFePO4 batteries can pull a lot of AMPS if given them unlike FLA/AGM batteries. I doubt it's a cause but it's new to a lot of us, self included and the charger must be configured correctly or it can use quite a few amps...I believe.

My point was simply, and may be completely off, is that LiFePO4 batteries can pull a lot of AMPS if given them unlike FLA/AGM batteries. I doubt it's a cause but it's new to a lot of us, self included and the charger must be configured correctly or it can use quite a few amps...I believe.
I understood what your point was.

I was attempting to add clarity that the batteries will take up to the charger MAX setting, but will never exceed the max setting.

To your point--Yes---if the charger is set to allow 20Amp of AC Load, then those batteries could take it all. They will not take 21 amps or higher...meaning it will not act like a dead short, but it will take everything you give it.

Hope that is clear as mud.

We have two Victron MultiPlus inverters as well.

1722494386120.jpeg

Latest resources

Back