• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How many amps does your DP PULL

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’ve noticed that even with minimal utilities running, one ac unit and cooktop, we are pulling 50+ amps??
With the dryer running the pull exceeds 60 at times. Have yet to pop a breaker. ???
Is your OASIS AC I/II on? That alone is 22+ amps.

I agree… shut things down and get down to close to zero amps and then turn things back on one at a time.

IMG_1721.pngOnce the load is balanced between line 1 and 2 things seem to settle fown
Had no idea the the Oasis drew 22 amps.

Attachments

• IMG_1722.png
    IMG_1722.png
    340.3 KB · Views: 1
I’ve noticed that even with minimal utilities running, one ac unit and cooktop, we are pulling 50+ amps??
With the dryer running the pull exceeds 60 at times. Have yet to pop a breaker. ???
You are drawing way too much power. Actually I am more concerned that your main breakers are not tripping. In my rig I can run both AC units and other appliances without tripping. My AC units each draw 13 amps each. This leaves 24 amps available for other items if you loaded to 100% of available power. While circuit breakers are built and tested to run at 100% of their rating they are listed to be applied at 80% of the handle rating. if you apply that rule that available current on a 50 amp service is 40 amps which in my case in practical applications leaves 14 available amps after you take away the 26 amps used by ACs when running.

@Joe Hogan did you determine what was loading your circuits?
In addition to the Oasis electric having a large draw, when lithiums are charging that is also another large draw. When our lithiums are charging they can pull 15+ amps at 120v. Since it is totally silent and not seen it can easily be forgotten.

We have worked through this issue. After some study on which and what is drawing, we shut down several items, exercising the Oasis diesel circuit for hot water, using only two of the a/cs ( not enough for the 105F temps,), etc
Load is much more reasonable.

I can easily draw 95amps just doing life in the coach. There is no way I can run all the appliances (washer, dryer, stove, dishwasher, microwave, 3 air, Oasis AC1/AC2, vaccum, floor heat, and battery charger).

A typical mid-day will have the washer/dryer going, Oasis AC1/2, 3 air, and various laptops, which will be pulling 70 amps peak. Make lunch on stove top while warming up something in the microwave and I will bump up quickly.

1722450600795.png

Right now I only have Air#1 running and very little load elsewhere.
1722450702228.png

Ok Chuggs, flog me if I am wrong. I am not the most electrically savvy, but I believe 50A shore power gives you 50A at 120V on each leg. You should have energy to spare. Beware it may not be as much on the generator, depending on its size (10kw = 83 A, 41.5 on each leg).

Ok Chuggs, flog me if I am wrong. I am not the most electrically savvy, but I believe 50A shore power gives you 50A at 120V on each leg. You should have energy to spare. Beware it may not be as much on the generator, depending on its size (10kw = 83 A, 41.5 on each leg).
Well, although I cannot hold a candle to @Chuggs as far as knowledge and great explanations, it is correct that 50amp is 2 legs at 120v, for a total of 100amps potentially.

And the generator is (generally) less. Mine is 8k, or about 66amps.

Hope this helps
Rich

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back