• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How much weight do you carry?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Much of this depends on where, when and for how long we're going somewhere, oh and what TT we end up with. 5,6 & 7 could certainly be left behind, popcorn is almost a staple snack food for us so microwave or jiffy pop would need to replace good ole' kernels. 19, that's only if we get rained on and stuck inside when we'd otherwise be outside, not something I'd readily employ otherwise. 22, with four kids, something's getting made a mess of, I'm thinking a lightweight rechargable deal, not grandma's cast aluminum 50lb Kirby. 42, that would likely only be something packed if we knew we were likely to need it where we were headed, otherwise that and much of the other gardening type stuff would be tough to justify, save for cutting & splitting seasoned logs into firewood. The heaters would certainly be based on time of the year need.

Much of the fire stuff I don't think we'd need to take with us either, provided something was already in place where we're headed. I'd much rather know a picnic table was waiting for me removing the need to haul one. The griddle and mini-fridge I'm hoping are part of an outdoor kitchen in whatever we settle on, cooking fish over controled temperature and not inside has much appeal to me as does not having dirty kids fly inside to get drinks from the primary fridge.

As things progress, I'll have a speadsheet of what we might take and how much it weighs, including fresh water in the tank if we'll be boondocking. I figure it's easier to do all my homework ahead of time than sitting in the driveway on a Saturday afternoon, 24 hours after we were supposed to depart, figuring out what's needed and if it can be hauled.

Latest resources

Back