Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How solve wobbly chairs at computer desk/credenza dining table - not level

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bpaikman

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 3436
RV Length
35 feet
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
I'd like to see how others handled/might handle this issue.
In our previous motorhome, we had the same setup as in our current motorhome: a dining table/credenza/computer desk. I like that these provide a lot of extra storage, plus a space for the printer and laptop. And I just don't care for the look of a booth/dinette.
In this particular motorhome, the credenza setup was not offered as an option, so someone had it customized. It looks perfectly matched, but it was VERY poorly engineered.
In both motorhomes there's always a problem with the chair legs - they barely sit on the slide area, and usually will hang over into the drop off area. We used a long piece of wood to solve the problem in the other motorhome, but we're trying to go up with the more a more elegant solution for this one.
(I know some of the newer fancy rigs don't have this problem, and it's also one of the reasons some prefer booth dinettes).
I prefer the credenza set up because I just don't like the look of a dinette.
I would love to see some creative ways people have solves this issue. My husband is out in the garage working on an invention as I type this. His invention is a long piece of wood that will be close to the right height to help level the dining chairs when the MH is in travel mode (slides in) and will be unfolded to be at a lower height when the slide is out. Looks ok so far, but it hasn't yet passed the Final Wife-Eye Test.
There's about a 2-1/2 inch difference in height when the slide is in. The slide drops when it is put out but there's still a difference in height. Bob's board will help with this, but It definitely needs fine-tuning. I specified that it can't be a trip hazard, and it can't scratch the floor. If it works, I'll take pictures.
Other ideas? The first photo with the television showing is our current motorhome with the custom credenza. The slide is out, and you can see there's little space for the chairs. The table does extend some, but it doesn't help. The second photo is our previous motorhome - its slide was different - When the slide was out as pictured, there was no problem.

Attachments

• CD5167C5-353E-4D3D-A225-1C172E8E3B69.png
    CD5167C5-353E-4D3D-A225-1C172E8E3B69.png
    18.5 MB · Views: 9
  • FEECC095-CED0-49A7-9E60-9E8A3E913A3D.jpeg
    FEECC095-CED0-49A7-9E60-9E8A3E913A3D.jpeg
    826.5 KB · Views: 9

Latest resources

Back