Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ellano

RVF Regular
Rookie RV'er lost and lone on my first trial run with my bounder.

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 35 E. When the generator is running all of my appliances work fine, AC, fridge , micro. Same when the engine is running. But when I'm connected to 50 am shore power everything start to dim and upon checking my AUX readout, it's dropping rapidly from 13.5. Eventually they die. The dealer I bought it from said the aux batteries are new and no one walked me thru RV lifing so this is all alien to me.

Do you have an inverter in your RV? Is it ON? Any circuit breakers popped needing reset? Is the pedestal good, I use the item below to test the pedestal so I know it's good when I plugin every time:

Amazon product ASIN B015Y9A4HU

I believe I do. The dealer really sucked and shared very little walk thru so I'm hunting. I'm sure I have an inverter , just not sure where to look for it.

No popped breakers and the led is good. Had prop manager come out to double check PED for me. 50 30 and 20 all good

I'm sorry for that. These machines are complex and hopefully the gang here can help you out and continue learning as it takes time. Include any pictures of your setup, control panel, inverter, whatever to help us better understand your rig's setup as needed.

Rookie RV'er lost and lone on my first trial run with my bounder.

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 35 E. When the generator is running all of my appliances work fine, AC, fridge , micro. Same when the engine is running. But when I'm connected to 50 am shore power everything start to dim and upon checking my AUX readout, it's dropping rapidly from 13.5. Eventually they die. The dealer I bought it from said the aux batteries are new and no one walked me thru RV lifing so this is all alien to me.
First off Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa. As Neal mentioned these systems are complex and vary from rig to rig however they have some common components/ A full power system will have batteries, Converter/Inverter/ Charger and a transfer switch. if you are having issue when hooked up to the PED have you checked your power cord? Also have you verified that you batteries are in fact new? Kind of sounds like no power getting to the rig. Also find the transfer switch it may not be switching as needed

Sounds like transfer switch is not switching over to shore power

Update. Dealer said the batteries were not replaced and so they are not charging or holding charge. Sent me home with2 new 24D 12 volt batteries to install. Asked me to check the "Converter fuses" found in my breaker box behind the breaker plate. I'll update you guys ASAP.

Also thanks for the support and replies.

Latest resources

Back