Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How to fix a 110 50amp. RV system that was accidently plugged into a 220 30amp outlet?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’m assuming that you have now found a proper power source to test things, and I would say the tv and micro wave still work because they were off when you plugged in to 240v (assuming thats how it was wired). So start at the beginning with your transfer switch, and then check all the breakers, and go from there, and you’ll find the issue.
Is the Transfer Switch the same as the Converter?

Sorry to hear that. I’m not sure if you have a 14-50 50 amp 240 volt plug or a TT30 30 amp 120 plug in your unit as the title is misleading. I have never heard of a 110 volt 50 amp RV.

Also what kind of receptacle did you plug into. That will all help with figuring out what happened.

Cheers.
I meant 120v with the capability of 30 or 50amp. It is not a 240v system but I didn't know that the the 30amp plug was set up as a 30amp 240v.

I assume you're also indicating that the lighting isn't working, either. If so, that could be the supply breaker for the converter, or worse, it blew the convertor up.
Like Rich said.....one step at a time.

Roger
The Lighting is not working as well, Only the TV and Microwave. I have found the Converter and both Fuses are not blown.

Is the Transfer Switch the same as the Converter?
We don't know if you even have a transfer switch. We don't know what kind of rv you have because you won't tell us.
We don't know if you have a generator.
If you don't have a generator you probably don't have a transfer switch.

We don't know if you even have a transfer switch. We don't know what kind of rv you have because you won't tell us.
We don't know if you have a generator.
If you don't have a generator you probably don't have a transfer switch.
I don't have a Generator and I have a 2021 KZ C271BHK 33' with Optional Fireplace.

The Lighting is not working as well, Only the TV and Microwave. I have found the Converter and both Fuses are not blown.
OK, but the lighting is 12vdc. Power for that is supplied by your "house" battery(s), or the convertor. If you have lighting on battery alone, then you know that system works. If you do NOT have lighting with the house battery disconnected and shore power connected, then the convertor is not producing 12vdc.

Now, being as we don't live with you between your ears, one of us needs to risk upsetting you with the question of "how much do you know about working with electricity?" The answer will let us know how we should answer your questions.

And I'm still wondering how you managed to plug a 30 or 50 amp RV plug into a 240 volt, 30 amp receptacle. Industry standards won't allow them to match up like that without an adapter. (Which is the wrong way to do it in the first place.) Like "TheLooks" suggested.....pics of your RV plug, and the offending receptacle would be appropriate, here.

Roger

Latest resources

Back