Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sean4fsu

RVF Newbee
We live in a 2007 Terry Travel Trailer with an Atwood Furnace.

We have decided to remove our furnace for good and use a different way to heat our travel trailer, however when I unplug a particular wiring harness to start removing the furnace the a/c turns off.

How can I remove our furnace permanently and safely and still be able to use our a/c?

Thank you. Sean.

Hi @sean4fsu and welcome to RVForums. Can you attach a few pictures so people can see more detail to assist?

Hi, @sean4fsu, glad to have you join us. Does your A/C use the furnace fan for air circulation? Or, does your thermostat allow you to set high and low temperature parameters, using the furnace and A/C? In either of these cases, the furnace and A/C controls may be interconnected. Separating them may require a wiring diagram/schematic to sort out which wires need to be removed or joined in order for the A/C to work properly.

TJ

Your right in that the furnace and the a/c are interconnected. I am going to need a wiring diagram.

I have put a blue circle around the harness I unplugged and the a/c turned off.

Do you know where I can get one online for free or low cost?

Attachments

• Inkedthumbnail (3)_LI.jpg
    Inkedthumbnail (3)_LI.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 13
I believe Fleetwood bought Terry 10-12 years ago. You might contact them here...

...to see if they could provide a wiring diagram from their archives.

Otherwise, I would take the trailer to a qualified RV shop (or have one come to you) and ask them to trace the wiring for you. They should be able to identify what needs to be changed to do what you want to do.

Good luck.

TJ

Below are links to a couple of Facebook groups that focus on vintage Terry trailers. You might want to join one or both (I think they are free) and see if folks there can answer your questions or provide electrical diagrams. Going to a specialty group like those will probably give you a better chance of finding that specific information. Don't leave us here at RVF, however; we want you to remain a member of our group.

TJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back