• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How to use the pump at the Truck Stop

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well that answers it then--next time I will be trying this. Doesn't feel right letting a nozzle rest on the ground.
Nope, haven't done the nozzle on the ground thing in a long time. Seems to be working out just fine but again I don't delay.

Thanks a bunch for the picture Neal. While I was pumping I saw the DEF button, but I didn't see the DEF handle, it was probably covered by that flap.

I had to wait in line at the TA in Harrisburg in PA. They had no pull up lane after fueling. So the trucker I was behind went in and bought store goodies while I waited. I made the mistake of pulling up to close to him, and didn't want to try backing up with my toad attached to change to a different pump lane.

Lessons learned.

HH

Noted that the blue insert in the DEF filler neck sticks to pump nozzle?? Is this typical?

Nope, haven't done the nozzle on the ground thing in a long time. Seems to be working out just fine but again I don't delay.
Yes! I would look at that practice as a def head issue in the making.

Do truck stops have #1 or #2 diesel?
See Noone answered you! You only want #1 in cold climates. Cetal is the difference, and in warm climates the more the merrier because it offers better lubricity. However if all your miles are in cold climates, #1 won't jell as easily, sometimes stopping fuel flow and sometimes injectors.

I would guess, not in Southern climates.

I absolutely remember the first time filling at a pilot. It was kind of intimidating to say the least. One thing I would add is this. When finished fueling if you have to go inside pull your rig straight ahead and clear the pumps so next unit can begin the fueling process. While not directly related to the process however I would recommend looking into Mudflap app for purchasing fuel. Unlike many of the other save money apps this one is immediate no gimmicks just save big money on fuel. My last purchase I save $37 on approximately 50 gallons of fuse. It does require you go in the facility in most cases to show them the Mudflap code on your phone. I just got this a couple months ago and I love it

Latest resources

Back