• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How to use the pump at the Truck Stop

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Does the dye hurt the engine or something? Is it cheaper? Why? I never did the math. I just stick it in and pump.

My biggest fear is @MapNerd lighting a match when pressing REFER

Neil's explanation was pretty complete, except the "swipe your credit card" part. Unless you are using a TSD or other commercial fleet card some truck stops don't take just any credit card and you have to go inside to even start the pump.

Since I use the TSD card I never have to go inside and stand in line to get a paper receipt. I use the receipt that TSD puts on my app. I also take a pic of the pump when I'm done fueling.

As far as pumping DEF in a Newmar DP. I have up right away due to not wanting to tie up the pump moving my rig. I started using a DEF container which I would fill and then put away in my storage bay until getting to the campground.

As far as figuring out how to exit the pumps and get back on the road. Sometimes you can watch other commercial traffic to see which way they are going but use caution. Many of these drivers, especially around lunch time, might be heading to parking spots and staying for a meal or shower. While waiting for my tank to fill I usually just bring up the satellite mapping view on my Iphone to confirm which way to get back through the lot and onto the highway.

I just applied,with expedited delivery, for a TSD card. This is a big trip to Nappanee from CA and figured with the increased price it would be prudent. Is there any need to go in the store at all if it taken from your checking acct? Does the pump shut off after each 100? What's the deal with turning the pump on one side and going around to the other to fill? I just watched a you tube video and that's what he did. @ Neal I just read your explanation at the top and appreciate you doing that for us Newbies.

I just applied,with expedited delivery, for a TSD card. This is a big trip to Nappanee from CA and figured with the increased price it would be prudent. Is there any need to go in the store at all if it taken from your checking acct? Does the pump shut off after each 100? What's the deal with turning the pump on one side and going around to the other to fill? I just watched a you tube video and that's what he did. @ Neal I just read your explanation at the top and appreciate you doing that for us Newbies.

No need to go into the store - I have never gone into the store.

Pump continues to shutoff - does not shutoff at $100.

I use TSD app called Open Roads to check fuel prices when I am starting to look for fuel. I have found it very handy for finding lower prices.

I use TSD app called Open Roads to check fuel prices when I am starting to look for fuel. I have found it very handy for finding lowest prices.
Thank you for the info. You say it still shuts off but not at 100. The constant shutting off is so annoying. When does it shut off for you?

Latest resources

Back