Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Howdy! Been watching, but now I'm talking...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

A-Texan

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Gulfstream Kingsport Ultralite
RV Model
199RK
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Hello everyone, this is my first post here although I have browsed through this site many times for answers to questions I had and I found it useful. First of all, I was born and raised in Texas which is where I still reside now and I have been using a travel trailer for about 13 years now for vacations off and on throughout the years. I am on my third travel trailer because the first one was a fixer upper (made all my mistakes with that one which didn't cost much) and the one I have now is what we really always wanted, but we waited a little while due to life's twists and turns. Also, this is the first time in probably over 15 years or so that I decided to be active on an online forum, but it's a new year and I enjoy reading about what you are all doing to keep your RVs up and running well.

For 16 years I worked at a Ford dealership as a Ford Senior Master Technician and for the last 6 years I have worked as a High School Math Teacher. I am a devout Christian and I have volunteered as the Bible Study Coordinator at the church I attend for over 14 years leading studies at our church, at a local college campus and a nearby prison. I also have a wonderful wife and 3 children who keep me pretty busy most days.

I love to camp, hike, canoe, fish and just about anything else outdoors, I like being away from the crowds as often as I get to do so.

I have a Kingston Ultralite Travel Trailer 199 RK (23 ft, 490 lb tongue weight, 3520 lbs dry), and I tow it with a 2013 Lexus GX 460 (pulls great) using a Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Brake Controller, Curt Trutrack 4P Weight Distribution Hitch With 4X Sway Control, 8-10K #17500 and Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System. To make up for not having tow mirrors I added Maxi View Blind Spot mirrors which work great and only took about a minute to install. I have made minimal upgrades to our travel trailer, basically adding some cabinetry I made for better storage, additional stabilizer jacks (didn't come with front ones?), underbody reversing lamps to illuminate the sides and rear of the trailer when backing up at night, a battery isolation switch for when it is stored and not in use (to prevent battery drain), 150 watts of solar power, and doubling the battery capacity on it by upgrading the battery from a 24 series to 31 series 105 ah battery.

It is nice to meet you all and I hope you all are doing well.

Greetings from The Lone Star State,

A-Texan

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-15 11.58.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-15 11.58.43 PM.png
    977.9 KB · Views: 8
Welcome!

Welcome to RVF and thank you for introducing yourself. Sounds like you have made some great modifications. We are happy to have you here. 😊

Welcome aboard from another brother in Christ! God is great……

Latest resources

Back