Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4328 - FL Chassis
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
Yes
Need to change the water pump since it's starting to act up. Concerning the Newmar's, do I need to empty the fresh water tank prior to disconnecting the water lines to the pump?

No, it's not hard, two wires and two quick release lines. Reaching the screws to remove and replace can be a challenge and if you're quadruple jointed it helps.

I highly recommend the REMCO AES pumps.

No, it's not hard, two wires and two quick release lines. Reaching the screws to remove and replace can be a challenge and if you're quadruple jointed it helps.

I highly recommend the REMCO AES pumps.
Thanks a ton Neal! Damn that was a quick response.... LOL!

If you use the REMCO pump you should wire int a dedicated relay and use the original feed as the signal wire for the relay. They draw allot of current and on my LA the circuit would not run the pump, so I pulled a wire from the cord real bay and fed it directly via a fuse and relay triggered by the original wires

Depends on the pump. Check the specs carefully to make sure your water pump controller is not beyond limits which is typically 10A (for my coach). I have the 3.4 gpm pump in my coach, LADP I'm sure uses the 5 gpm version.

Attachments

• 55AQUAJET-ARV-Spec-Sheet.pdf
    418.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 55AQUAJET-AES-Spec-Sheet.pdf
    481 KB · Views: 3
Compared to the REMCO AES at 6.5 amps it is the good replacement for at least the Ventana and DS since I believe the OEM is a 6 amp pump.

Take a look at the input screen filter at the pump before buying another pump. It could be clogged.

Rick

Take a look at the input screen filter at the pump before buying another pump. It could be clogged.

Rick
Unfortunately looked at that already..... Thanks though

Latest resources

Back