RV Model
Accolade 32U
Chassis
F550
Engine
Diesel
Fulltimer
No
I have a super c on a f550 chassis purchased in May (new). Lately I am noticing the jacks slowly drop. I have to re level the coach in the morning after setting up the prior day. Is this normal? Anyone with similar experiences? Is this a defect or a maintenance issue, I have no prior experience with hydraulic auto leveling.

First thing I would check is the hydraulic fluid reservoir level.

Depending on the system there could be one reservoir for all or, like our old coach, one for each jack.

First thing I would check is the hydraulic fluid reservoir level.

Depending on the system there could be one reservoir for all or, like our old coach, one for each jack.
One reservoir, should I assume if the jacks are fully extended and there is still fluid in the reservoir, that there is enough?
this may have some bearing on the subject? My camp spot was sloped so the front wheels were off the ground and the rear jacks hardly extended. Too much pressure on front jacks?

I have a super c on a f550 chassis purchased in May (new). Lately I am noticing the jacks slowly drop. I have to re level the coach in the morning after setting up the prior day. Is this normal? Anyone with similar experiences? Is this a defect or a maintenance issue, I have no prior experience with hydraulic auto leveling.
Check to see if you have even a very small leak anywhere in the lines or jacks. This could cause this. I will say that depending on the parking surface we have had to relevel at times during our stays. Look at the leveler pads and see if they are settling into the ground

we have a HWH hydraulic system and the valves, that are normally operated by the buttons inside the rv, also have manual levers on them.
A couple times I have flipped the levers on a valve that was allowing a slide/jack to slowly move (one lever on each end of the valve on our rig) and this seemed to stop the slow movement.
Another item that seems to help if there is air in the system, fully extend the jack and then retract. Will need to allow some time for pump to rest so it doesn’t overheat. Also be sure the reservoir intake tube is below the fluid level.
A few cycles can get rid of some air in the line.

Ok have to reply; jacks primarily in the back of our super-C, coach, will drop a little bit overtime when using our washer in spin cycle, the constant thumping relaxes, the rear jacks may be a 1/2 or more. and will need to re-level after about a week. With that said, I had a class A and found a leaky hydraulic line driver-side all the way back to the rear Pump 35’ feet. These lines are super cheap hard plastic lines. And you may be surprised crawling underneath and finding 4 hydraulic lines. One may be leaking really, it doesn’t take much with hydraulics tremendous pressure. Easy to replace the labor cost is the problem.

Check to see if you have even a very small leak anywhere in the lines or jacks. This could cause this. I will say that depending on the parking surface we have had to relevel at times during our stays. Look at the leveler pads and see if they are settling into the ground
After a call to tech support at EQ systems (helpful and easy to deal with) they suggests I check some Allen screws, there is one on the end of each solenoid valve, a manual release. I did snug up a couple of them so that may have been the problem? A slow bleed. So far on the side of the house looks to be holding. I have a trip planned mid October, I will post my experience.

Some updated information. Most of the camping I have done has been somewhat primitive un paved and not level. On a recent trip I had my front wheels off the ground, however I slipped those yellow jack supports under the front wheels. The front slowly crept down until it was putting pressure on the supports.
Back to La Mesa for some un related warranty items, and the Jack issue. The Rv mechanic told me to consider the system as stabilizers and that it wasn’t designed to maintain wheels off the ground? I suppose this makes sense? I don’t see any leaks and the reservoir seems adequate. This coming weekend will be our first outing in a full hook up site. Not paved (gravel) but should be pretty level. I will cycle the jacks a few times to purge any air🤔 I don’t anticipate having to lift the wheels off the ground.
If the leveling statement is true, going forward I will rig up some ramps to get the coach in the ball park, before dropping the Jacks.

Hey Dricamper - agree 100% with your RV tech.,never ever tires off the ground.

Latest resources

Back