• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What satellite tv system would you pick and why

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've always heard starlink with setup and hardware is twice the cost of my sat system, I need info people!
In my case it’s included, monthly will be $125 and you can start and stop monthly
If you need to purchase the system it’s $2500 for roof mounted and $600 for the dish you put on the ground or mount to a poll

We did the streaming option for quite a while.

Hulu with live tv at the house and other options as well.

Hulu doesn’t work after being away from your home after a time.

Now that we are full time we cancelled all the streaming and have Dish with a month to month.

Moving is easy in the app to update local channels etc. and the monthly cost is just a bit more than all the streaming services we had.

Stream!!!

I have a hate relationship with MSM. And believe you can steam and get real quality reporting and video!

To be honest! I didn't start this life to do the same thing I did when on the grid! But if that life calls you, then you can still get programmed the way your comfortable, by streaming!

I would not order the satellite. I ordered my LA with one and never used it. Not once. . I only stream and it works out great.

Ahhh, just saw you had to pick one. I have DirectTV. I would not recommend it, primarily for the reasons others recommend DISH.

I would not order the satellite. I ordered my LA with one and never used it. Not once. . I only stream and it works out great.
X2 (except for the LA part) :p

I don’t think my winegard dish has ever been energized beyond the factory.

I've always heard starlink with setup and hardware is twice the cost of my sat system, I need info people!
Thank you, StarLink hardware is actually cheaper than a traveler dish.

Hmm, I ordered the "Dish" Wineguard 1000 open face satellite dish on my coach when I ordered it from Newmar.
The reasons, well I'm not a "techie", so don't know about all the fancy stuff, such as streaming, multiple different choices of streaming, etc.
So, I get to where I'm going, push the "power" button, and it energizes, finds satellites, and all I have to do, is wait a few minutes, then turn on the TV. An easy process for me.
As for "Dish", they have all the channels we like to watch, sports, baseball, college basketball, football, NASCAR, Golf, etc. "DW" loves TCM, Hallmark, Me TV, and a couple "girls" channels.
We also have the ability to receive "LOCAL" network channels wherever we are located, with an easy to change request through the Dish "app".
When not traveling, we just "suspend" the service by not paying the bill. And when ready to travel, I reactivate, by paying the bill, and away we go.
I'm sure that "streaming" may be less expensive, but appears to me that one must have two or three different streaming apps, or plug-in things, to get everything She & I want. So by the time I add it together, probably close to the same cost.
BUT, when I have any "Dish" issues, I dial 1-800- DISH and get help. If the streaming messed up, I'd probably throw one of those devices through the TV screen, which would be a lot more expensive!
So, to keep my sanity, and relieve my stress, I stay with "DISH"!o_O That's what silly ol men like me do!:cool:
Oh, and a "hot-spot" seems to work fine for internet, etc.

I’m in the process of ordering a new Entegra and mostly stream. I have the included option of one of the following Winegard traveler “Dish” Or “Direct Tv”or Winegard in motion Satellite Dome
Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated
Thank you
Hi Stuart. DISH has far superior customer service. What does everyone else think?

Hmm, I ordered the "Dish" Wineguard 1000 open face satellite dish on my coach when I ordered it from Newmar.
The reasons, well I'm not a "techie", so don't know about all the fancy stuff, such as streaming, multiple different choices of streaming, etc.
So, I get to where I'm going, push the "power" button, and it energizes, finds satellites, and all I have to do, is wait a few minutes, then turn on the TV. An easy process for me.
As for "Dish", they have all the channels we like to watch, sports, baseball, college basketball, football, NASCAR, Golf, etc. "DW" loves TCM, Hallmark, Me TV, and a couple "girls" channels.
We also have the ability to receive "LOCAL" network channels wherever we are located, with an easy to change request through the Dish "app".
When not traveling, we just "suspend" the service by not paying the bill. And when ready to travel, I reactivate, by paying the bill, and away we go.
I'm sure that "streaming" may be less expensive, but appears to me that one must have two or three different streaming apps, or plug-in things, to get everything She & I want. So by the time I add it together, probably close to the same cost.
BUT, when I have any "Dish" issues, I dial 1-800- DISH and get help. If the streaming messed up, I'd probably throw one of those devices through the TV screen, which would be a lot more expensive!
So, to keep my sanity, and relieve my stress, I stay with "DISH"!o_O That's what silly ol men like me do!:cool:
Oh, and a "hot-spot" seems to work fine for internet, etc.
100% same as me. I would need 3 or 4 streaming services to get what I get for $128/mo from Dish in my home and rv. Plus I would have to end up with Starlink for another $150/month to stream in some areas. I use a mifi and if my signal is crap, I do not need the internet and I have all the tv I want.

Latest resources

Back