• Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm very interested in drones, but what keeps me from buying one is :
- invading someone's privacy in a populated area
- losing it in a remote area

I'm very interested in drones, but what keeps me from buying one is :
- invading someone's privacy in a populated area
- losing it in a remote area
Depending on what kind of drone you buy, you should be OK in either of these situations. Today's drones fly pretty high, and your neighbor probably wouldn't even know it was up there. Unless you fly right up to their window, your not going to be in anyone's space.

A couple of things will help with loosing it. Many of them have a "return to home" feature, so if the drone loses contact with the controller, it automatically returns to where it lifted off from. Also, many drones today have a "find me" feature" that will take you to where it crashed.

So now you have no excuses to not buy one!

You must certainly respect others' privacy and not be parking it outside a patio or bedroom window looking in, you may meet a 12 gauge. Or a cop. They are for photography, imagine going out to some gorgeous location and getting another perspective of the land, animals, etc. If you can use it responsibly then there is nothing to worry about.

It is a concern (losing it) but they have systems in place, such as recent DJI models, to help locate it. I've only had one go bazurk on me and that was an older Phantom 3 that needed compass calibration at times and I was showing it to a prospective buyer and off it sent. I wrestled it back thanks to my radio controlled airplane skills from long ago, did a compass calibration and it went fine, sold it for good money right then and there.

Latest resources

Back