I did something....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, rats. . .

@Jim you may be able to buy the no RC option and pair what you have to it. Not sure. The newer goggles are probably a little better. But I still think you should have one of everything DJI and let us know what you think. I'm sure Trish is in full agreement with me, she always is!

Edit - I verified the DJI FPV stuff works with Avata

Trying to keep threads somewhat focused and since this was drone related. Got the DJI Avata that just released last week. First time flying an FPV and it was way more fun than my DJI Mavic Air 2.

Here’s the result from my first flight with it

Cc @Jim

Holy carp!

I see they finally made a clip to secure the goggle power line to the battery.

I've gotten used to putting the battery in the shirt pocket in an effort to make sure I didn't accidently pull them apart while the drone was a mile away.

I see they finally made a clip to secure the goggle power line to the battery.

I've gotten used to putting the battery in the shirt pocket in an effort to make sure I didn't accidently pull them apart while the drone was a mile away.
Yes, but per one of the youtubers, it can still pull out of the goggle side, it's not secured there. Have to be careful with all of your drones! :)

Yes, but per one of the youtubers, it can still pull out of the goggle side, it's not secured there. Have to be careful with all of your drones! :)
Well, 1/2 a solution is better than -0- solution, I guess. But still, you would think. . .

I may or may not have added a DJI Avata to my collection of drones (and debt). I've hardly flown my DJI FPV but couldn't resist the Avata with its compact size, propeller guards, better video (with no props in view) and well, because I wanted to! I like that I can strap my GoPro Hero 10 on the back of the DJI FPV drone, the Avata doesn't need it. And as it's super light it's great for me to carry in my plane where weight matters.

So if I did in fact do something...else...here is the first flight. I needed to get this flight tested within the DJI return period which is shorter than Amazon's but the kit I wanted (drone only and fly more kit) I couldn't get on Amazon at the time. The Avata finally arrived at my house and I had it shipped to me in CO so I could get it flight tested. It is amazing.

This is my first time using the DJI motion controller which was super easy to use. I'm not quite smooth with it yet as you can see in the video as my spotter and I were chatting about things at the same time too. And at one point I got a little disoriented while standing with goggles, woohoo. Super easy to fly and tons of fun over previous "video" drones I've owned. I still have my Mavic 2 Pro for videography but FPV is where the fun is at! This 4K video is amazing (be sure to set YouTube to show you 4K if you have the bandwidth by clicking the gear icon lower right). The Avata's battery life is around 18 minutes, I had no issue with battery time in this video, I landed just under 50% power (once I figured out how to land). The range is amazing at 6 miles (assuming open land no obstacles). I'm just glad it didn't become a hood ornament in @ehochuli85's new Newell!

Bravo

Latest resources

Back