• Commercial/Vendors welcome

I would like to clear the air

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Stuart, I have found over the years, those that are offended by criticism of their brand of coach, yacht, airplane or whatever the subject is, they are displaying an emotional self-defense response. They don't want to hear of other's problems because that means they might need to deal with the same at some point. Deep down they know the flaws exist they just don't want them pointed out. I for one went into Newmar ownership with my eyes wide open and realize that even if I spent double the money, any production model will have compromises built in by the builder for any number of reasons. You have done the community a valuable service by pointing out the short comings, so no apologies are warranted. Those that are offended won't have the balls to pipe in and actually defend the un defensible anyway so let them stew.

Let me add that in many of these posts we don't know the full story, only a part. @Stuart W has not shared the full story of what he's been through with his 2023 Newmar and it probably would pain him, or anyone else, to do so as it has not been a pleasant experience and he wants to move on, move forward, I can only assume. So both for the owner's sake and probably those involved(s) sake, only a portion of what really happened or was endured is shared.

We all know, no RV is perfect, it's a part of this journey and forums like this are here to help each other get through bumps in the road, fix issues, and keep the wheels turning. Things break and will break, like coming back to my waterfall from autofill failing. No big deal, you fix it, ask questions, get a game plan, and move forward.

So again, as I digress a little, before Agent Hopper steps in, just a reminder, we typically don't know the full story.

I’m sorry if I my comments about Newmar offended any of you, this was truly not my intention.
All of this has made me realize just how unhealthy the ownership of my Newmar 2023 DS was for me.
For the record I don’t expect that Entegra will be trouble free. It’s really about for me Newmar has lost me as a customer.

Equally frustrating was seeing several of my longtime Newmar friends going through very similar issues.
I hope that a positive will come out of the negative threads, maybe Newmar reads these and and better QC and Customer service will be a result.
Newmar will always be part of my RV DNA and I will always happily help any of you with your Newmar issues or concerns if I can.
Stuart W
I have just returned from Newmar where they replaced my flex steel dining booth, couch and chptains chairs at no cost. Not sure what your problem was but Newmar has always done great by us. Their staff there at Napponee Indiana were very efficient, courteous and exceptionally friendly. I have found if you are working with a dealer to get you answers you have messed up. Go to the head of the stream for the best information. Secondly, if someone you call gives you a run around hang up and call back. Just my 2 cents.

Latest resources

Back