Cornerstone
RV Length
Chassis
FL
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
I’m sorry if I my comments about Newmar offended any of you, this was truly not my intention.
All of this has made me realize just how unhealthy the ownership of my Newmar 2023 DS was for me.
For the record I don’t expect that Entegra will be trouble free. It’s really about for me Newmar has lost me as a customer.

Equally frustrating was seeing several of my longtime Newmar friends going through very similar issues.
I hope that a positive will come out of the negative threads, maybe Newmar reads these and and better QC and Customer service will be a result.
Newmar will always be part of my RV DNA and I will always happily help any of you with your Newmar issues or concerns if I can.
Stuart W

No need to apologize @Stuart W but nice of you to open up with the emotions as a prior loyal Newmar fan you were. If people don't air the issues then issues go unknown and therefore unresolved and that helps no one. People will stay quiet or keep secrets until their coach is sold, for obvious reasons. None of them are perfect, that's for sure. We all know to expect issues and hope to resolve them. Sadly it sounds like you tried and tried and were not able to find resolution and being far from Newmar's factory didn't help I'm sure.

I hope you have an amazing new beginning with the Entegra. It will take time to shake down as everyone knows and should expect, in the end I hope you have great journeys and stories to share. Great to have you here and sharing your vast wealth of knowledge.

I hear your emotions and get it. I've been there too. My bitterness was with a Chevrolet Malibu I bought as a tow vehicle. That car was in for dealer service so much it should have been on their floor plan. They never could fix it so I did, sold it.

I agree with Neil, without knowing customer issues how will the mfg know they have a problem? My thought when I had my paint and body shop was, If you're not satisfied how can I make you happy if you tell everyone but me.

It’s hard to fathom the angst one must endure to walk away from not only a brand new coach, but an entire brand itself and venture into unplowed soil.

Not everyone took your posts in the intended spirit, but what comes across to me is a man who feels betrayed. I get that. The $$ involved is not insignificant. Can’t say I would feel any differently.

I sincerely hope a turn for the better happens for you. I look forward to reading about your experiences with the new brand.

The angst is real with me too. I am still a Newmar owner, but have come to the point that I am strongly considering SOB for my next coach.

I have talked with the past and current leadership, and offered my opinions and suggestions. I have shown the real world problems. Their response is that I am in the minority of owners that even recognize these problems, let alone expect it to be resolved.

As a brand, they have made the decision to be better than most, and use a wide variety of coaches when comparing. They no longer are trying to improve and standout on their own merits.

This change in philosophy is the source of my frustration and what has me looking elsewhere. Even if Entegra has all the same issues, they would at worst be equal to Newmar, which wasn’t how I felt when ordering my previous motorhomes.

You have definitely not offended me in any way about your disappointment with Newmar. Every time I look at my peeling seats, it makes me wonder how they let this happen. Venting is much healthier than holding it in. I know I have done my share of it about a certain dealer. Best of luck with the Entegra.

I’ve found all of these conversations very instructive and value the effort and experience that went into them. I don’t see this as a Ford/Chevy thing or brand bashing or whatever - I see it as shared knowledge, which by definition is communication.

I am not offended in any way by the comments. As @purring along said, every time I see my peeling seat covers or call to get prices for parts, I feel a little chest pain. I was going to replace another tilt out vent window on the coach and called Newmar last week because the last one I bought a year ago was fairly reasonable ($200.00 ish). Now, the same window is $460 and change. No thank you. :mad:

Stuart - Sorry to see you go - will miss your comments. It's unfortunate that Newmar seems to have stumbled repeatedly and I do hope the can find the path again or you will not be the last to move on to something else.
Safe travels !!

Stuart, If you start having issues with the Entegra, my shop is always open to you. Wish I could have helped with your Newmar. Didn't realize you were having issues. Without me looking, what issues were you having? Can you put a Newmar badge on your Entegra and continue to attend HOOTs rallys?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back