• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Improving the Home Theater in my Newmar Motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Subwoofers don't really make much noise other than thud. That location is just not good regardless. In looking at your photo above with the fireplace my thought is can you install a sub below the fireplace? Otherwise there really isn't a good location for one and don't forget you're doing to have to deal with getting the AV cable to it. My Newmar installed sub was not adjusted properly. If you can get to yours to remove it and adjust it you may salvage something out of it. You may want to consider a 10 or 12 inch Pioneer in that location and see what happens, and add an amp for it. I loved mine when I had it installed.

There is a 8, 10, and 12 inch version, I've had all three:

I would love to have a subwoofer. I had one on my Forester and ceiling speakers. I was shocked to find that my BayStar has neither. All that wiring is way above my head. The wires behind the radio are not long enough to get back there and see where everything goes, much less figuring wire routing to the sound bar, which would be replaced with a PT he subwoofer. Dizzying!

I think I found a hiding place for a new "slim" subwoofer. After removing the fireplace, there is an area just to the right that will work. It even has a power outlet to plug it into. I just have to be careful with the Televator.

Now all I have to do is figure out a way to get a RCA cable over to it.

7B4598E1-DE20-4003-9F67-919D5531EDA8.jpeg

4EA15D25-018B-4867-8F14-8D6EF106EA1F.jpeg

You could wall hang it right and forward if it clears the fireplace and there is no heat concern. Can you get below the sub-floor of that area? If room below that it could be another option. The sub-woofer is likely going to use 12V and you'll probably pair an amp with it. And finally it probably has a 12V autosensing circuit for when the sub is on or off, not sure, been through too many in my experimenting thus far. I took the 12V off of the televator controller for the auto-sense. I think the 12V power I used was from the original sub in that was installed in my televator bay.

Sadly Slingbox is shutting down. I really liked this option and used on my last camping trip as there was no reason to pay for DISH to be reactivated for a two week outing so I just used my iPad to watch whatever I wanted streaming from my home TV service. In 2022 slingbox servers are shutting down, the service is dead.

Have you explored YouTubeTV?
Whole family and all my friends LOVE IT!!
No. Slingbox was a great way to get "my" local channels such as local football, etc. I wish DISH with the local channels option allowed you to choose a zip code vs. the area you're in and then it would solve that problem.

Yesterday my Slimline Pioneer become unusable. It worked very well for about 3 years. Now it is stuck on “ pairing Bluetooth “
Nothing I tried it worked.
thinking about getting Marantz, but is a bit too tall? Or get the same model Pioneer. ?

Try pulling power for a few minutes?

Best to check specs on the vendor website to ensure it will fit. I would also check Yamaha for slimlines, I really like their receivers but at the time they didn't have an updated slimline yet.

I did leave it with the plug off for hours. No change. The display is black too. Will check the Yamaha, but there is nothing as slim as the Pioneer VSX-S520.

I did leave it with the plug off for hours. No change. The display is black too. Will check the Yamaha, but there is nothing as slim as the Pioneer VSX-S520.
Not sure which model you have, but…if you can access it with the Yamaha app, you may be able to flash it back to the Factory Defaults. If you don’t have that access, see if there’s a shortcut to do a Factory Reset.

I have 2 Marantz AVRs, the latest being the NR1510. They’re nice, but not invincible to being fried. Ask me how I know.

Latest resources

Back