Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Had an interesting occurrence. Maybe someone can explain this.

We were parked by a lake. Had a storm but no power outages. I use a Hughes 50 amp “smart surge protector”.

Travel day, after loading everything and getting ready to “hook up” I went to the controller to raise the rear stabilizers. The left would not move. Controller showed left rear down. Raise manually. This message just kept rotating on the panel. Could not get to manual mode. The other three stands would operate if I pushed their button but nothing would work automatically.

When I was going to drive my truck to office to get a road service recommendation my truck wouldn’t start. After getting a boost and driving 45 min to the Ford dealership (Ford battery in warranty) they couldn’t find anything wrong.

Note: truck was not plugged to RV.

Was able to raise left rear stand using socket at motor. Drove to RV Dealership.

Their service explanation reads “ Found jack was over amping. Goes above 30-40 MPS. Hooked straight to the battery. Will need to remove and replace jack. Internal Electrical issue of some sort. Correction Remove old jack and install new jack.”

Have extended warranty that paid full. Truck running fine. Asked service writer he said they don’t know what caused issue. Maybe lightning.

Latest resources

Back