• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Installed a plug in volt meter

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Love the app on our watchdog pedestal mounted EMS.

Attachments

• IMG_3940.jpeg
    IMG_3940.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 2
Installed a small plug in volt meter in a rarely use 110v outlet just to keep an eye on pedestal power. This was a meter from Hughes. interesting to see the daily variations.
View attachment 21693
Is this measuring inverter output or pedestal line voltage? I believe it's inverter.

I believe 110 ac refers to lowest acceptable voltage, according to internet sources. This of course is bogus, in the fact that the voltage reading is RMS and peaks around 167 volts, and goes to nothing 60 times a second +-. As for 12vdc systems 12v is a dead battery at rest. This to is the defacto lowest voltage the system at rest can have.

Think of it this way! If you manufacturer a product for the grid, it must reliably run on 110(the minimum voltage).

s-l1600.jpg
This is what I use. It's pretty handy it cycles between voltage and hertz and has a warning if either gets out of parameters .

Installed a small plug in volt meter in a rarely use 110v outlet just to keep an eye on pedestal power. This was a meter from Hughes. interesting to see the daily variations.
View attachment 21693
Just a friendly note. Make sure if you off grid running on batteries only that you remove this device or turn it off as it will drain battery over time. When I redid my coach electrical I added a hard wired dual 12 volt monitor . This allows me to monitor the chassis and house battery lever. I added the switch for two purposes; one to save batteries and secondly because the LED display was reported to be so bright it would illuminate the coach at night. It truly is that bright. Small but mighty. I love having this available to know where my battery status at times. Happy Trails to You!
Battery Monitor.JPG

Latest resources

Back