RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - We are shopping insurance companies, PIA, but the one I have chcked does not do MH insurance over 100,000 in value. So I am looking for some names of companies who do. I DO NOT full time for any reason, so that should cheapen my coverage. Frustrating to say the least. Now, we prefer to not use Progressive, Liberty Mutual, Allstate, or State Farm, but as I have said over my years, money talks and XXit walks. So I am going to check with them to see rates. Have not checked with good sam, again previous statement, but will give them a chance to earn business. Please post reply's here, and thank you in advance.

I'm with National General via Good Sam. I don't care for Good Sam but it was the best price for me. Each person is different based on whatever they look at.

X2 for National General (Good Sams). One thing to keep in mind when getting quotes is that when you put your coach in "storage" mode National General is one of the few companies that will let you drop collision and some of the expensive parts of your coverage. This can lessen your annual premium a ton depending on how many months you are traveling.

FMCA has a discount insurance program you might want to look at. This is handled thru insurance broker out of Iowa and you can get quotes from different insurance companies. I have coverage thru Nationwide using FMCA program. I’m not saying it was the cheapest but got the coverage we wanted, as we are FT

Too bad you're not "over there"...this is a hot topic currently underway.

I can tell you the Readers Digest version: YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY!

Key points:
  • Rates went up 33% for some
  • Location matters
  • No one company seems to "beat" another company, every time
  • Geico was cheaper for some, like me
  • FMCA member contracted Progressive was great for one guy, but going to Progressive direct was horrible

I have a question for the National General folks. I got an online quote that made my jaw drop. It was less than half what I’m currently paying. Is that a teaser rate that pops at subsequent renewals?

What was your quote? Mine is about 2k/year. Had a windshield replaced through them, handed off to Duncan, was painless and worked well. My 2nd year premium went up slightly I think maybe 1-200'ish, not bad from horror stories I heard from others.

My rate is similar to Neal’s...I renewed last week-about a 5% increase. This will be my 2nd year.

Foremost via Overland Insurance

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back