• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Insurance Information

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What was your quote? Mine is about 2k/year. Had a windshield replaced through them, handed off to Duncan, was painless and worked well. My 2nd year premium went up slightly I think maybe 1-200'ish, not bad from horror stories I heard from others.

D79035FC-8929-447D-857B-EEBF08C2F2F5.png

I have been insured by Progressive via USAA for the past ten years. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I have never experienced the large rate jacks I have read others have with them. This Nat Gen quote just seems a little too good.

I have been insured by Progressive via USAA for the past ten years. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I have never experienced the large rate jacks I have read others have with them. This Nat Gen quote just seems a little too good.
Progressive via USAA wanted $10k a year from me. I was a little insulted. No one is going to pay that.

Unfortunately, my relatively young age puts me in a higher risk category, and the occasional speeding ticket every couple of years in my GTI didn’t help.

What did help was making my wife the primary on the policy. Females are lower risk. At that point, Foremost was the lowest rate I could find for a full timer’s package and it’s still not cheap. We tried Good Sam, Geico, Progressive Direct, Progressive via USAA and a whole host of others.

What was your quote? Mine is about 2k/year. Had a windshield replaced through them, handed off to Duncan, was painless and worked well. My 2nd year premium went up slightly I think maybe 1-200'ish, not bad from horror stories I heard from others.

Ours is just over $1,800 per year. We have been with National General for awhile, Will be starting 3rd year with current coach this fall. Like Neal we had a windshield replaced last year ($3,600) and the next premium went up almost $2.00 per month! The claim process was seamless on that incident. Nappanee generally has you pay up front for extended warranty or insurance work. If you have National General they will work with them within 24 hours and get credit card payment for claim.

We have been with Progressive thru USAA for 15 years now and carry full replacement coverage. Last year we were paying $1800. This year $2400. I called and the answer for the increase was more-or-less tough s... I did get the impression that where I domiciled had some bearing on the rate hike but who knows. We’ve been at the same spot for forever. BTW, I spend a fortune with USAA every year with houses, cars, personal property etc all insured through them. Didn’t seem to matter with Progressive.

My boat was covered by Progressive through USAA. Progressive was a big no go on the RV quote. Not sure why, very strange!

with the 15% discount, paying 570/6 months with Geico

View attachment 2123

X2 Progressive

Foremost Insurance through an independent insurance agency. First two years was $1,900/year. Just got renewal for year 3, increase of $400. New replacement cost included.

Foremost Insurance through an independent insurance agency. First two years was $1,900/year. Just got renewal for year 3, increase of $400. New replacement cost included.
Was the independent agency Overland?

Latest resources

Back