• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question iPhone 12

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just got a tracking # from ATT, looks like my iPhone 12 pro max shipped today and arrives Friday the 13th as originally expected. Surprised as I’d read on some websites that the 256GB ver was going to be 2-3 weeks after the 11/13 earliest ship date provided by Apple.

Apple is pretty good when they say a date. Mine is due to delivery tomorrow as well barring any excuses by UPS.

Got my iPhone 12 Pro Max about an hour or two ago, did the transfer from the iPhone X and still setting things up. Very pleased with the phone, it's not as shocking a change as when I went from the iPhone 5 to the 6 Plus. The X to Pro Max is a minor size boost and very manageable. No regrets.

For the first time I may have actually ordered the right case first. I usually go through 3-4 cases to land on one I like. I prefer the TPU Clear. This is the one I got and it feels good. I wish I could go without a case but my OCD always wins to try to avoid any wear marks for resale.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HWH1NTN/?tag=rvf01-20

Got my iPhone 12 Pro Max about an hour or two ago, did the transfer from the iPhone X and still setting things up. Very pleased with the phone, it's not as shocking a change as when I went from the iPhone 5 to the 6 Plus. The X to Pro Max is a minor size boost and very manageable. No regrets.

For the first time I may have actually ordered the right case first. I usually go through 3-4 cases to land on one I like. I prefer the TPU Clear. This is the one I got and it feels good. I wish I could go without a case but my OCD always wins to try to avoid any wear marks for resale.

Amazon.com: Emgilky Slim Clear Case Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro Max with Screen Protector, Non-Slip Dustproof Thin Flexible Soft TPU Bumper Protective Case for iPhone 12 Pro Max 6.7 2020 (Clear)
Me too. Big but manageable. I won't be doing any more one-handed texting with my thumb! It's a little bit of Christmas today here.. always a treat to break in a new phone.

The 1st 24hrs was challenging, a little remorse, did I buy the right one, should I return it and get the 12 Pro instead of the MAX? I looked at the Apple site, said "self, it's only a .6 inch difference diagonally" and decided to stick with it. After that initial doubt I can say I absolutely love this phone (12 Pro MAX). I am able to one hand it when doing most of what I do which is reading/watching. To type, yeah it's a two handed phone but Apple does have tricks to help that out if needed such as a right or left hand keyboard and some other features they built in when they first came out with the "big phone" in the 6+. The speed of this phone is noticeable, and impressive, the battery life is amazing. I can probably go 3 days without a charge for my typical use. Did I "need" this? Nope, the iPhone X is awesome, but YOLO so I like to splurge every now and then (don't you dare go there) and it's been 3 years so it was time for a phone treat.

So in summary, loving the phone, very happy with the 12 Pro MAX. Haven't had much opportunity to explore the camera yet and I do need to dive in and learn the features of the camera as I've seen a few videos with "I didn't know it could do that" as there are some built in features of the camera app I wasn't aware of beyond just taking pictures. I didn't put tempered glass on my iPhone X as I didn't want anything in the way of the gorgeous colors, etc. and I also get AppleCare so if I cracked it I could replace it under warranty for a small fee. I'm on the fence on this one as twice now I've fumbled this large phone so it may be easier to drop, we'll see but for now it's still a no on the tempered glass screen protector.

Glad to hear that you are pleased. Mine is scheduled to arrive first week of Dec.

I agree with many of your thoughts Neal. I've had the phone almost a week and I still question the size sometimes-did I go too big? I'm convincing myself that the answer is NO. I'm getting used to it. It's a fantastic phone, I love the big screen and you're right, it's super fast. Even SIRI is super snappy dealing with my requests vs my iphone X. And when it comes to the battery.. forgetaboutit! It's great-even under heavy use I'm at 50% at the end of the day.

Any thoughts on picture taking and the photos it produces?

I haven't done much picture taking yet but I was experimenting with that tap to drag zoom ring thing which is cool. Here is a picture that is zoomed in and it's impressive. Notice how well you can see the fur coat.

IMG_2186.png

Latest resources

Back