Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Is Wi-Fi improving across campgrounds for RVers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Surprisingly I'm seeing useful Wi-Fi in recent stops. My last stop was Crawfordsville, IN and it had Wi-Fi pushing around 50/50 and made for what felt like residential Internet. I'm in Green Lake, WI at a very nice campground and I'm seeing 20/10 (on 5 Ghz) and is working great. As it is "open" I am using my Pepwave SpeedFusion VPN setup to keep things private.

I'm using a roof mounted Parsec Husky antenna that does both cellular and wi-fi. I have two Pepwave BR1 Pro 5G's as many know. The main unit has paddle antennas on for in-coach Wi-Fi and I use the roof mounted antenna on the secondary Pepwave for bringing in outside Wi-Fi sources. This has been working wonderful.

We'll see how the rest of the trip goes as I see how the Wi-Fi at campgrounds play out.

We noticed this year that campground WiFi has gotten better. But haven’t seen speeds as high as the 50/50 you mentioned.
But have been fast enough for streaming and for zoom calls.
Since we still have full time work going, we just consider the campground WiFi to be an extra benefit while we keep other plan(s) in place.

I have found more parks have internet available but more are charging for it through a 3rd party if it is the whole park or stronger than just emails.

And I found a paid one that was virtually unusable, but I guess that is what you get fir $50/night.

Latest resources

Back