Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Is Winnebago flushing out the Newmar cadre?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm hearing more of the original Newmar leadership are getting replaced by Winnebago staff. It's going to be interesting to see what the future holds for Newmar.

I'm hearing more of the original Newmar leadership are getting replaced by Winnebago staff. It's going to be interesting to see what the future holds for Newmar.
Probably was set from the beginning, usually see old staff kept to inform the new regime. Layoffs keep happening
It will be interesting to see if all of the custom orders will survive.

Or things like factory pickup. Even though they charge for it I would bet they will raise the price of FPU.

Or things like factory pickup. Even though they charge for it I would bet they will raise the price of FPU.
Good point, public company’s are constantly looking to reduce cost, increase production and increase profit year over year. They may look at the labor and time involved in factory pickups and specials to not be as profitable as producing more units for the same labor force.

@Kevin D Pem - I'm sorry but your post above is irrelevant to this thread.

I see a great future for good mobile techs, welders and mechanics, as many will opt to keep, cars, boats, rv’s etc., much longer than originally thought. This may occur more and more as quality, customization, etc decrease, and prices increase.

I will put the thought out. Perhaps some younger, wealthy, Newmar and Tiffin owners might get together and start a new small company producing high quality motorhomes at a reasonable price, and will rise to the prominence from which these former companies are seemingly retreating.

Is there any objective data showing a quantitative decline in quality (a bit of an oxymoron I know)? I would imagine quality could actually be on the rise but with the more rapid introduction of features with more failure points, the opposite could be apparent.

Latest resources

Back