It became official yesterday...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Congrats!
Thank Jim, I looked at my canonball run stops when I bring it home EOM and I won't be able to stop by. It's a shame, really wanted to see what you had built. We'll be back your way soon enough though.

M.

Marc

congratulations, have a safe trip back to NY

So it became official yesterday!!!

2015 Dutch Star 4312. Photos of my new-to-me Newmar and floor plan because it's so rare and original. I spent quite a long time finding a floor plan and then an RV that made sense for my family (we have two young boys). We really didn't want them to sleep in the aisle as it just didn't give them a true personal space and also didn't allow us to really enjoy the coach after hours. I had to leave her at the dealer, she needs 8 new rear tires and a few other things but I'll go back to pick her up in 3 weeks (Houston, TX to NY).

I have nothing more specific to share, I was just really excited and wanted to share with a group who I knew would understand.

View attachment 11054

My wife had made me this keychain when we first started to talk about getting an RV, time for a new one with the right coach on it.
View attachment 11055

The floorplan (Edit: to note we have the extendable booth dinette, not the roll out w/ chairs)
View attachment 11056

Cheers,
Marc.
Hey Marc,

Congrats on the Dutch Star. My youngest daughter somehow found your posts. I think she must miss it ;) I'm the original owner. You got a great one! I added a ton of Newmar 'specials' on it both from the factory and afterwards. Many that later became options on the spec sheet. Happy to chat with you if you have any things you're curious about.

I can't speak for the others that have owned it, but I babied it.

Here are the guys that built it, and my wife and I after shining it up.

Best wishes for lots of memories with your family!

Cory

Attachments

• DMC-GH4 2014-November-04 _1010588-2.jpg
    DMC-GH4 2014-November-04 _1010588-2.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DMC-GH4 2014-September-19 _1010325.jpg
    DMC-GH4 2014-September-19 _1010325.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hey Marc,

Congrats on the Dutch Star. My youngest daughter somehow found your posts. I think she must miss it ;) I'm the original owner. You got a great one! I added a ton of Newmar 'specials' on it both from the factory and afterwards. Many that later became options on the spec sheet. Happy to chat with you if you have any things you're curious about.

I can't speak for the others that have owned it, but I babied it.

Here are the guys that built it, and my wife and I after shining it up.

Best wishes for lots of memories with your family!

Cory
Hey Cory,

That's pretty impressive that she found it. It's been amazing so far. Still trying to figure out everything and I got the build sheet from Newmar so I know you're not kidding when you talk about the options. From the batteries, networking, heated floor, Winegard, and on and on.

I'm still figuring things out, but she runs great and I'm actually getting impatient to get back out there with the family. We've only gotten to go out on one trip for easter so far. I'm taking a trip to her this Friday to figure out some of the electrical system still. I'll need to be changing out the batteries this year too.

Are you in a new coach now? If so what?

Cheers,
Marc.

Hey Cory,

That's pretty impressive that she found it. It's been amazing so far. Still trying to figure out everything and I got the build sheet from Newmar so I know you're not kidding when you talk about the options. From the batteries, networking, heated floor, Winegard, and on and on.

I'm still figuring things out, but she runs great and I'm actually getting impatient to get back out there with the family. We've only gotten to go out on one trip for easter so far. I'm taking a trip to her this Friday to figure out some of the electrical system still. I'll need to be changing out the batteries this year too.

Are you in a new coach now? If so what?

Cheers,
Marc.
We did not get another coach after we sold the Dutch Star. My kids are now all older and in college, so it was a phase that ended for us. My wife and I love it though, so will likely get another one at some point in the future.

Lots of great memories in it. We put the first 30K on it and took it as far as western Canada. I saw one of your posts on the tank level. That was an upgrade I installed after delivery. Probably has a bad connection. All the wiring can be accessed by removing the peg board on the door side of the coach. You can see the see the sensor which should be taped to the outside of the tanks.

We really so miss it sometimes. Glad it found a good home.

For us it's just the start, my sons are 7 months and 4 yo so it's just the beginning of a new adventure. We're actually moving away from NY and my wife is going to stop working to take some time off. My work allows for remote work so really hoping to really start traveling.

Hey @cengel I do have a question. Is there anything I'm supposed to do to get the battery to trickle charge from solar when parked. They're nearing end of life and while I save and research to see if I'm upgrading to lithium and/or expanding bank size I noticed that after a couple of week idling the house batteries are dead or close to. Can't start the generator without starting the coach first and then doing a boost across chassis to house to start.

Thanks

PS I think you opened up a can of work offering help but I'll take it :D

Latest resources

Back